Sign in to follow this  
Kabuto

What's the Closest I Can Get To Leaving Society?

Obviously, I've accepted it's impossible to truly leave society entirely, sadly.   But, what's the closest I can get to isolating myself from society?   

9 minutes ago, Kabuto said:
Advertisement

Obviously, I've accepted it's impossible to truly leave society entirely, sadly.   But, what's the closest I can get to isolating myself from society?   

A Hermit. But seriously, you need human contact in your life. Humans are social creatures that were made to cooperate, not compete. You seem to be shy about meeting people, so start by meeting with a therapist about this. Then, expand your stimuli as you develop your relationship with your doctor.

hiding in the closet or if you're close to nature walking in the woods, camping, walking on the beach to the furthest point you can and just plant yourself all day. 

though sometimes you can be in the middle of a huge city square surrounded by people and feeling more alone than ever. 

The healthiest way to leave society is to go live in the countryside... but typically that can be an expensive endeavour as a living choice. I routinely stay with family out in the middle of no-where, surrounded by farmland, nature... it's soothing to the soul (even if you didn't think it was your thing). Things matter a whole lot less when you wake up to rolling hills, go out and watch squirrels natter at eachother. It's difficult readjusting to life in my hometown, back with phone-signal and whatever other things bother me - I feel far more alone here at home; depression, morning terror is a daily thing here, out in the countryside, it takes a backseat.

One thing I will say is that it can be rewarding to keep persevering; depressive instincts are often unhealthy ones; here I prefer to stay in, get less exercise, watch TV, avoid reaching out to friends - it's the easiest to do but it makes mental well-being a whole lot worse in the long-run. Try some talk therapy if you haven't already; I'm doing it at the moment and it sucks hard - but I'm slightly less overwhelmed week by week.

Hope any of this helps somewhat... if it doesn't, oh well - but take care of yourself; humans can be humans but there's a lot of good in society when you seek it out :)

Edited by moistnutella

Please, don't do that, for your own good... you'd only get worse, trust me on that. You don't want to have anthropophobia like I do..... it is the worst. I want to be around people but am afraid of people. Try walking, going to a library? those seem like nice subtle ways to be 'within the world' without being bothered still.

Edited by Third Eye Seeker