Anyone that's lost a loved one to suicide?

GG333

My life stopped 3 years ago on June 12, 2013 when I lost my little brother (age 26) to suicide caused by severe, life long depression. We were very close and three years later I'm still very stuck. I feel like I can't move forward and it never gets any easier. I've literally accomplished nothing in this time and still continue to isolate myself. 

Just wondering who out there has been through this and if there's anything that has helped them move forward. Also just wanting to feel like I'm not alone in this awful experience. 

Sorry this terrible tragedy occurred ! ! !  I lost my grandfather to suicide.  I also lost my best friend to suicide.  He was a Vietnam veteran.  I don't really know the pain of losing a sibling.  But losing anyone to suicide is painful.  I hope things get better in your life.  I don't have any really good advice.  It was the passing of time, more than anything, I think, that made the pain I experienced less intense although I still miss those I have lost to suicide.  Wishing you all good things!   - Epictetus

21 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Sorry this terrible tragedy occurred ! ! !  I lost my grandfather to suicide.  I also lost my best friend to suicide.  He was a Vietnam veteran.  I don't really know the pain of losing a sibling.  But losing anyone to suicide is painful.  I hope things get better in your life.  I don't have any really good advice.  It was the passing of time, more than anything, I think, that made the pain I experienced less intense although I still miss those I have lost to suicide.  Wishing you all good things!   - Epictetus

Thank you:). I'm so sorry for your losses as well 

Recovery from these things is personal, difficult, and something you can ask about here any time you feel the need to, first of all.

I lost a close friend, someone I considered like a brother, when I was 16. I'm 27 now. I only really got over it and started feeling comfortable with memories of him when I was 25.

I was angry and sad about it for a long time. Then I stopped thinking about it actively, and eventually found some old posts of his on a forum again. It helped me remember what it was like to really have him around, and I was at a point in my life where I was just done being so upset at myself or other people for our ****-ups. It's not really a logical process.

Edited by Bebop

• 2 weeks later...