Sign in to follow this  
rattman

How Long Have You Taken Cymbalta?

Length of Time on Cymbalta Successfully  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How long have been on Cymbalta continuously?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to 1 year
    • 1 year to 2 years
    • More than 2 years
  2. 2. Are you still taking Cymbalta?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Are you taking Cymbalta alone or with another anti-depressant?

• Only Cymbalta?
    • Cymbalta Plus Other Medication?

Wintergrace

I'm happy for you that cymbals is working so well for you. I've been on it for 2 years and the depression & anxiety is alot better but not gone completely. Do yo still have little bits of depression creep in on you? I'm on 60mg.

Thanks,

Crazyguy

Wintergrace

I'm happy for you that cymbals is working so well for you. I've been on it for 2 years and the depression & anxiety is alot better but not gone completely. Do yo still have little bits of depression creep in on you? I'm on 60mg.

Thanks,

Crazyguy

Oh, I definitely have bouts of depression still. This years' post-holiday time has been especially hard. I haven't left my house since Christmas and have been having a hard time overall. Still, I feel that my cocktail of meds is the best thing for me now. I have an appt with my pdoc soon so I will discuss this with him. I'm on 90 mg by the way.

Wintergrace

Thanks,

Crazyguy

Oh, I definitely have bouts of depression still. This years' post-holiday time has been especially hard. I haven't left my house since Christmas and have been having a hard time overall. Still, I feel that my cocktail of meds is the best thing for me now. I have an appt with my pdoc soon so I will discuss this with him. I'm on 90 mg by the way.

Wintergrace. how long were you on cymbalta before you got to 90mg? I've never been above 60mg but I still am plagued with lots of body aches and pains. I don't know if that is from depression or just doing the physical stuff that I do. I work out at a gym and try to do yoga. I have alot of aches in my hands, wrists and other areas too. When it comes to weights & weight machines at the gym though, I am a weakling. Sometimes I wonder if Cymbalta (or zopiclone) contributes to the weakness. I take the zopiclone at night to sleep.

If I was to ask for a higher does of cymbalta I think that the sexual side effects might get worse and that would be the straw that breaks the camels back. How did you feel on the different doses before 90mg? Thanks!

Wintergrace

Thanks,

Crazyguy

Wintergrace. how long were you on cymbalta before you got to 90mg? I've never been above 60mg but I still am plagued with lots of body aches and pains. I don't know if that is from depression or just doing the physical stuff that I do. I work out at a gym and try to do yoga. I have alot of aches in my hands, wrists and other areas too. When it comes to weights & weight machines at the gym though, I am a weakling. Sometimes I wonder if Cymbalta (or zopiclone) contributes to the weakness. I take the zopiclone at night to sleep.

If I was to ask for a higher does of cymbalta I think that the sexual side effects might get worse and that would be the straw that breaks the camels back. How did you feel on the different doses before 90mg? Thanks!

Wintergrace, One thing I forgot to mention, how much better I felt on a winter vacation (to a warm beach destination) ... and how terrible I have felt since returning. It's more than "after holiday blues"

Wintergrace

Thanks,

Crazyguy

Wintergrace, One thing I forgot to mention, how much better I felt on a winter vacation (to a warm beach destination) ... and how terrible I have felt since returning. It's more than "after holiday blues"

I wish I could remember exactly how long it took for me to get to 90 mgs. I was under the care of my GP at the time (before he referred me to a psychiatrist). I know I got to 60 mgs very quickly because I had severe depression. I'd guess 6-8 weeks or so. This may be moving quickly, but I am pretty tolerant to most medications.

I felt pretty good on all doses of Cymbalta as far as side effects go. I basically had dry mouth and some issues with constipation (Miralax works wonders). As far as sexual side effects, I got lucky. My libido went up on Cymbalta, much to the surprise of my pdoc and my therapist.

I know exactly what you mean about the supposed "holiday blues". Mine has lasted much longer than it should. I have some other circumstances going on in my life, though, so I'm trying to keep things in perspective. With these horrible diseases it's hard to know what is "normal" sadness and what isn't , isn't it?

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Coming off of a vacation to the real world is definitely difficult.

Wintergrace

Thanks,

Crazyguy

I wish I could remember exactly how long it took for me to get to 90 mgs. I was under the care of my GP at the time (before he referred me to a psychiatrist). I know I got to 60 mgs very quickly because I had severe depression. I'd guess 6-8 weeks or so. This may be moving quickly, but I am pretty tolerant to most medications.

I felt pretty good on all doses of Cymbalta as far as side effects go. I basically had dry mouth and some issues with constipation (Miralax works wonders). As far as sexual side effects, I got lucky. My libido went up on Cymbalta, much to the surprise of my pdoc and my therapist.

I know exactly what you mean about the supposed "holiday blues". Mine has lasted much longer than it should. I have some other circumstances going on in my life, though, so I'm trying to keep things in perspective. With these horrible diseases it's hard to know what is "normal" sadness and what isn't , isn't it?

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Coming off of a vacation to the real world is definitely difficult.

wintergrace

I too get a bit of constipation from cymbalta no matter how much fruit, nuts & vegetables I eat. I usually use a generic stool softener as recommended by my pharmacist. I also get a dry mouth no matter what I do. One thing that really makes it worse is coffee, and maybe tea as well. I still have the occasional treat of coffee but not too often, and only one. As for alcohol, I don't drink much of that, but when I have a social drink it gives me a furry mouth by morning and usually a headache. Not that I ever drank excessively but I don't even enjoy alcohol anymore. That may be a benefit of cymbalta.

As far as "normal" sadness, that is a tough call. Some days I feel pretty normal and others just not so much. You on the other hand seem pretty normal and seem to have a good grip on things. You've identified the problem and are working with professionals to help. That's being smart! I wish you continued success. Good luck!

do people here take this drug once or twice a day i`m at 120 and it has only been 6 months and i find it is already pooping out ..

Joey. What did your doctore recommend? For me taking it at night seemed worse for sleep. Although I slept after I took my pills this morning at breakfast. I went back and slept till noon. I'm exhausted today after missing a nights sleep 2 nights ago. I'm not sure if splitting the dose will make a difference. Even the pharmacist may have some tips. Take care. & welcome to DF

I would let your Dr. know that you feel it is no longer helping and see if he might consider supplementing it with another medication or giving you something different.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I've enjoyed reading how much different Cymbalta effects everyone. Cymbalta made me very drowsy and I didn't want to get up in the morning and always felt hungover. My doctor added Wellbutrin SR 150mg for me to take in the mornings and it has helped me tremendously. These two seem to work well together but I have read to be careful and not raise the Wellbutrin dose to high or major side effects can occur. Being a man, the Cybalta really effected my libido but the Wellbutrin has helped with that. I have more energy and feel like doing things again. When I was taking just the Cymbalta, I didn't want to get off my butt and do anything. Also for those who are having nausea with the Cymbalta, get your doctor to give you some promethazine for nausea. It's actually the generic version of phenergan. It's very cheap if you don't have insurance. My prescription is for 25mg tablets but I only take half of one on occasion at night with my Cymbalta. One of the side effects is that it makes you sleepy so it will help you get a full nights sleep but if I take a full 25mg, I feel really drowsy in the morning. I hope this helps you guys. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll be happy to reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one going thru this depression thing and also nerve pain. The Cymbalta has helped the nerve pain and numbness a great deal also.

Hi joey,

I have been on cymbalta for 3 months now and I am on 150mg . I'm not too sure this is the right drug for me

I am trying to find anyone to talk to, I am feeling really alone. I was on cymbalta for years, 30 mg, then 60mg, then down to 30 mg. I went off 3 weeks ago cold turkey--and going nuts, worse everyday-, I just cry and cry and cry. I decided to retake it, just started now. I know i need to take it, it did work, I am thinking the pain killers they gave me for my spinal stenosis, and siatic pain, where reacting with the cymbalta, since the pain killers are a depressent, I quit my doctor last week, and have to wait for a new one, I could not talk to him about anything. Since I have no one, i mean no one to talk to now, Please i am reaching out for advise and help