You

Atron

I wanted this to be a topic where we can all write about what we think of ourselves and our personalities as a way of helping get over social anxiety as well as maybe finding a few like minded people.

My name is Chris and I am 18. I am cynical mistrusting yet naive as well (go figure). When I am having a less low day I can be somewhat social as long as I am in a comfortable environment. At times when I am low I am as good as acrophobic and very socially anxious.

I have never wanted a large group of friends, I only want a small tight group of friends with one person to share my life with in full. I am a very dedicated person to others who I get on with.

I also see myself as having a few flaws (other than depression and anxiety), I currently have few friends and I try to confide in them with deep personal thoughts but I am not close to any of them and it pushes them away. I can also be an angry and aggressive person if I am annoyed and although I am not physically violent it does become an issue. I also have an awkward memory where I can't remember anything good after a couple of days e.g. Birthdays but I can remember tiny little bad things and still get embarrassed by them years later.

Anyway, this could go on for a while but I'm gonna stop here. Write about your personality and try to build up some confidence with it, once you get going its hard to stop!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sarcastic, funny, I will stand up for my friends but I can't stand up for myself. I'm working on that. I'm stubborn when it comes to protecting my state of being. I won't betray my values.

i hope to find contentment before I die . 

One of the reasons I'm on DF is I truly don't know who am, let alone what I want.

But apparently I have a sense of humour, and a lot of cynicism too. I'm pessimistic, but sometimes I see good stuff in other people that they don't seem to see for themselves..

I procrastinate constantly and start a lot of stuff but never get anything done, probably because of not having lasting interests, lack of concentration or little success in anything I do.. . I'm also pig-headed so if something feels right (not too often in my life) I tend to stick with it even if it hurts.. People mostly. One or two of the ones still around are forever if I get to say anything about it.

I like being alone but I also feel very much alone in company.  I'm ok with like-minded people (in small groups!) and hate being the centre of attention.

I want to find myself and share that self with someone special someday.

Ok, so now I know what I want.

I'm 17.

I don't have a lot of friends but I'm really close with the ones I have. I've lost a lot of close friends though.

I brag about things I've never done.

I tend to analyze the world far more than most people. I have a strong moral code. 

I'm an emotionless robot. At least I've been described that way. I have also been described as "cold." I try to be friendly more often, ever since I was made aware that people saw me that way, but sometimes I just accept that I fall back on logic and reason more than on emotion. Somebody has to.