can't relate to anyone..

I just found this website and its good to know there are people out there going through the same thing as me.I have been depressed for most of my life and I'm always putting on a brave face and pretending everything is okay but it's not..I just can't relate to anyone everyone is out having a good time, taking selfies and all that other crap I can't stand it.everyone is so obsessed with money and being cool while I like jazz music and skateboarding, I just can't relate to these people.music really helps for anyone having a hard time..I love listening to Kurt cobalt,James Taylor and David gray..you can really feel there pain and emotion..it soothes my soul.anyway this made me feel a bit better,thanks

Hi! I know exactly what you mean by not fitting in! Take it from me - everyone in my class likes going out, getting drunk and just being stupid, while I'm a anime nerd, disney movie lover and spend 99.9% of the time on my coursework then Splatoon! (A great game for the Wii U if you own one!)

But being here is great as you'll really begin to meet people who you can relate to, and everyone here is absolutely lovely! Make sure to stick around!

Thanks for the reply..you guys are awesome :) I think I will stick around..I know exactly what you mean by not fitting in..I'm just going to do my own thing now, even when I had friends I couldn't wait to get home and relax by myself and watch my favourite movie..we can all relate to that:D

I have a hard time relating, too. I don't feel like I fit in exactly with anyone. Instead, I have to come up with interesting things to talk about. I have found that since I started posting here, I have been feeling more confident when I talk to people, so talking to people has been a little bit better experience.

I am definitely better at being by myself, but I want to get better at being around people.

Welcome, bro. You like jazz eh? like Herbie Hancock? Boney James is hands down my favorite saxophonist. He'll be in my city in September, i hope to be able to see him. You've definitely found the "cool" people here. Please don't hesitate to talk about what you're going through so we can further understand you and give support. I look forward to seeing new posts by you.

ADD-ON:

Also, check out Theo Croker. Dude is real nice. The new wave of jazz is really something wonderful

Edited by Third Eye Seeker

I know the feeling. It's hard to share things with anyone when all you want to do is stay inside and watch Star Trek or play games and listen to death metal. And since that's all I done for the past 12 years or so, I don't have any stories worth telling, or anything to talk about.