Please help me feel good.

I'm going through a health scare, over the next week I'm having tests to find out if something serious is wrong with me or something simple is causing my symptoms. But right now I'm honestly terrified, I really think I'm about to have a panic attack, all I can think about is how it's probably the worst things I've read about online and the test will say I'm dying. So please will someone talk with me? Maybe that has been through a similar situation.

We tend to, especially those of us who are more anxious, jump to the worst possible scenarios right away, but it's rarely realistic. Most symptoms that fit something serious can often also be something completely harmless. I wouldn't worry too much before you know more.

Hi AmorApparatus :)

Do exercises 1 and 2. They will help diffuse your worry, anxiety and depression and will induce relaxation, peace and upbeat mood and spirits. They are also good for your health so do them whenever you like as long as you like :)

Hi there! I know how you feel! I was having epileptic fits and doctors had to do loads of tests in order to find a cause for them.

Whatever you do; do NOT Google your symptoms! I know that's tempting, but believe me, the last thing you want to do is trigger an anxiety attack over the results.

I often distract my mind by taking up knitting (I use a knitting doll!) And I also find writing a journal really helps. I actually write mine in the form of writing to someone else - it feels like I'm talking to someone when really, I'm just talking to myself.

Try and keep yourself busy so that you don't have the time to worry - and I really hope they all go well!

Thank all of you so much, it's nice knowing people care and I appreciate the time you all took to say something. My surgery went good it was actually the best sleep I've had in a long time lol. I should have the results for it on Thursday hopefully I'm just being overly anxious for no reason, trying to stay positive and distracting myself when I can't.