Sign in to follow this  
GG333

Latuda ?'s

Ok well I guess I'll just keep putting questions out there yet I get no responses. Surely I'm not the only one wondering about these things. Am I not doing this right??

Anyways....curious about people's experiences with Latuda. Specifically related to weight gain, akasthisia. Did u gain weight on it and/or experience akasthisia while taking it?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks 

•  

Hey there,

I've recently been on Latuda a grand total of 2 weeks. My psychiatrist suggested switching me over to it from Abilify, which I was on for 6 years. The only major problem that I have personally with these anti-psychotic drugs is that they make me feel over-heated and sweaty...like, constantly. Apparently that is not a common effect of that drug though. Anyway...after getting weaned off Abilify (which was painless) I enjoyed a week of not sweating....then as Latuda started to take effect on me, the sweating started up again! So I went off it. I should note that while I was on Latuda, I noticed that I was pretty drowsy, but that's normal when starting that kind of drug. Currently still on Cipralex and Cymbalta, I've been on those two drugs for 7 years. I did indeed experience weight gain while I was on Abilify, but that could be the anti-depressants...it's hard to tell in my case. That's my experience in a nutshell. Any questions, feel free to inquire. :) 

Sorry about the lack of responses. I'm not sure if any of my side effects, apart from the typical drowsiness, are related to Latuda because I'm on a cocktail of meds. I've experienced akathisia recently, however. I've found myself frantically searching for something, but I don't know what it is or why I'm so bent on finding it. This generally happens when I'm really tired.