Sign in to follow this  
pixielow

Hello to you all.

Hello, I'm pixielow, 44 years old and wife and mother to 2 teenage daughters. I myself have been suffering for 18 1/2 years - started as post-natal turned into Clinical Deep Depression. Each day is basically like just existing, it's horrible and I feel so much guilt because of being ill for so long - I also suffer from severe anxiety along with panic attacks. I really hope to make some friends amongst you all as I hate feeling so alone even though I have a great husband. My youngest daughter currently suffers from depression too and now my eldest aswell - both are 18 and almost 20 and I cannot help but blame myself for this because of how I am and suffer which is breaking my heart too. 

I'm not very good at introducing but it is good to find you which I thank you for.

Welcome to DF @pixielow, I hope you are able to find your interactions here to be informational, useful and comforting.

Most if not all of us are either going through depression or have been through it. So we know to some extent what it maybe like for others. Instead of living on that cloud 9 of happiness, everyday becomes a struggle to survive.

But we can overcome depression with the right mental push and environment around us :).

22 minutes ago, Naitomea1224 said:

Welcome to DF @pixielow, I hope you are able to find your interactions here to be informational, useful and comforting.

Most if not all of us are either going through depression or have been through it. So we know to some extent what it maybe like for others. Instead of living on that cloud 9 of happiness, everyday becomes a struggle to survive.

But we can overcome depression with the right mental push and environment around us :).

Sounds like a cool app! I have an iPhone so I can't have the great experience. hint hint  

Hi Pixielow and welcome.  I am so very sorry you are suffering and have been for so many decades. How awful!    I am also sorry about the suffering your daughters are experiencing.  I would like to write more, but tendonitis in both hands prevents me from typing for very long.  Sorry.   - Epictetus

Welcome,welcome and welcome.

I'm sure you'll find much support and insights on this forum. We are here for you.

I know how frightening and debilitating depression can be but there is always a way out. I say it again and again to anyone willing to listen , if there is a way into depression there is a way out.

Sometimes we can't see the forest because of all those darn trees in the way. Well the same can be said for depression. We can't see the metaphorical depression/cave because it is too vast and deep and dark.

Depression can have an up side if we can be very clever and try to take advantage of the metaphorical nature of depression.

Metaphors can be such great tools. Lately I've started calling them MEDaphors.

Anyway welcome again and keep posting and check out the other interesting posts from the terrific people on this forum. It's been a tremendous help to me.