Depressed to Death, who feels same?

Rat

I can#t go on anymore with my life. I am still student, 29 male, German, but honestly I drag myself everywhere. Especially the subway rides are painful. My mind is constantly full of troublesome thoughts.

I need to find someone like me. Someone who is misantropoth as well. Together we support each other. Anyone there?

Welcome to DF. You'll find a lot of support here. When things are rough come here...vent...get it out.

We love to help. With regards to your thoughts have you done anything for yourself like a walk or relaxing with music? I find those two things do wonders. 

Hope you'll feel better soon.

Natasha

Hi Rat :)

I'm 29 and have been struggling with depression my whole life. You're not alone. There are lots of people on here struggling big time as well. But if we all work together we can help each other get better.

You mentioned troublesome thoughts. Do you meditate? If not you should. Quieting the mind is one of the best and most direct ways to reach a state of peace and happiness. 

Feel free to share what's going on with you. I'm sure there is more than enough combined experience on here that we can help you or at least comfort you :)

You're never given more than you can handle, remember that

Hello, Rat:

You will find many people here who feel the same as you, or people who have felt that way in the past, or people who understand and sympathize even if they don't feel exactly like you.

In the United States, there is a generally accepted and recommended "1-2-3" way to treat symptoms of depression and other conditions, perhaps it's the same in Germany:

Make an appt and see your primary care physician or family doctor for a physical exam to confirm or rule out any physical illnesses.  If appropriate, sometimes your primary care physician can give an initial prescription of anti-depressants while you’re waiting to see a psychiatrist.  Sometimes the family doctor can recommend the name of a psychiatrist to see.

Make an appt and see a psychiatrist for a complete eval and accurate diagnosis of your mental condition, and a prescription for appropriate medications to treat your symptoms.

Make an appt and see a therapist who will help you to understand yourself and your current thought patterns, and how to develop new healthy patterns of thinking. The therapy will be most effective after the medications calm your mind.

Have you already done these things? 

Edited by Lynn1954

15 hours ago, Rat said:

I can#t go on anymore with my life. I am still student, 29 male, German, but honestly I drag myself everywhere. Especially the subway rides are painful. My mind is constantly full of troublesome thoughts.

I need to find someone like me. Someone who is misantropoth as well. Together we support each other. Anyone there?

I did not pay much attention to it, until it has started to affect my work-life. I miss work days (especially on the first work day after week ends) simply because I just feel too low to face people at work, and I feel quite guilty later. And when I finally make it to work, do not feel like talking to anyone, just robotically get to work and focus on getting things done. 

I wish for someone too who would understand me, and I did get someone too. But the thing is you may feel as if this new person, like an angel, is relieving you from your pain, but not forever. The start may be smooth, but later you will realise your depression remains despite the angel's presence. Your depression was neither caused by this new person, nor can this person relieve you from it. And what is this person chooses to leave you one day? Will you blame him for increasing your depression? You have to work on this on your own mostly. Support helps definitely. 

Finding a goal or a source of motivation, helps. Looking for love or companionship will work when you are "not" looking for it. Need for companionship should be to share your life with that person, not to relieve yourself from depression.  

Are you sure being a misanthrope, you will be able to fully accept the merits as well as the demerits of the other person? 

Edited by Cloudy888

Not entirely misanthropic myself, but I've been feeling that quite a bit lately. Moved into an apartment with the only friends that I have and my girlfriend has been making want to be anywhere else. I've never really known that I've been depressed until I moved in.