name your depression/anxiety/etc. as if it were a street, town, city or other place!

steadynot

i was thinking of what to call the place where i "live" in my head. like my mind is called The Depressed Nation or something. 

And then travelling to different places- Anxiety Alley or Misery Meadows. HIGHtown. lowTOWN.

the thought of a place called Suicide Falls makes me laugh. gah maybe that word will get censored though. 

ahh man now i'm gonna do this all day. maybe i'll even draw a map. 

so think of a place where you "live" or that exists in your head. perhaps other people have been there too! haha. 

and to make it a bit positive too think of places you want to go to. like that really elusive and expensive one-way ticket to Normalville...in Stable City. on the Hidden Island of Happy. 

please post!  

Crazytown

Hypomanitoba

Labryinth crescent

Depression Island

Dissociation station (meds bombed it)

Recovery falls

Ativan land

Remeron garden

On the worst days I ride the crazy train around Suicide falls and take comfort knowing it is there, but I try to rip up my tickets whenever I can.

A little town called Mt. Melancholy located in Can'tucky in the good ol' Unending Sadness of America.

I live on Dejected Drive in a little Bummed-galow. There is a pond of tears out back and a S*** creek runs through the south end of town.

Main-ia Street is very very very busy. There is a red light district on Rainy Avenue. We have a fancy bistro called D'pression.

Unhappy Hills Farm produces the dairy. It expires before it reaches town. We have a pool that is more pee than water. A school that teaches bad habits and thinking patterns. There is an arcade that fuels every obsession. The tavern called Unlucky's Bar fight and grill. The Post office has its own armory and the Sheriff is a 7 year old Pug with breathing problems. Sheriff Snuffy. The deputy, a 6 month old cat named Snipe (found him in a gutter) is constantly at odds with the sheriff.

The Pharmacy owned by the Umbrella Corporation keeps us all zombified. They have a soda fountain. My favorite drink is the SocialFear float. Please don't come to visit. The Hotel is always full of tourists who say things like "Look on the Bright side" or "maybe you should try not being sad".

10 hours ago, Anony said:

On the worst days I ride the crazy train around Suicide falls and take comfort knowing it is there, but I try to rip up my tickets whenever I can.

haha these are so great. i try every night to have a good run in the Ambien Gardens.

There is a used bookstore called Self-Help Yourself. 

I also take comfort in knowing where Suicide Falls is and that I know several ways of getting there.

I heard that the hotel there- Last Resort is really popular. The bar called Pick Your Poison has drinks to die for. 

Ye Olde Hunchmaker St.

Because it feels like physical chains giving me a slightly hunched appearance when at its worst.

And I guess there is this one place I go in my mind when I get all paranoid about being judged. Let's call it the Mirror Room. I'm strapped to a chair in the middle and forced to look at myself in all directions, while being told how pathetic I am. Yay.

Edited by SenorDomino

10 hours ago, steadynot said:

haha these are so great. i try every night to have a good run in the Ambien Gardens.

There is a used bookstore called Self-Help Yourself. 

I also take comfort in knowing where Suicide Falls is and that I know several ways of getting there.

I heard that the hotel there- Last Resort is really popular. The bar called Pick Your Poison has drinks to die for. 

I'll have to ask my self enduring group about that bar for support when I am there. Ativan land is highly resticted after I used up a week of passes over 20 hours, and they recommended I marry Eli Lilly. She was quite abusive at first, but eventually started spending more time with me so things improved. I hear divorcing her sends many people to suicide falls so I have become quite codependent. Ambien Gardens will never be an option for me so we keep our distance because she is a one way ticket to suicide falls.

Edited by Anony

not a place but thought of a drink called Anxie-Tea.

a church called Last Rites. 

Personal Demons. the support group that meets every freaking day. 

i wonder if it'd be good if all mentally ill people could live in a town together. mmm...i see it going both ways. 

like we'll be with "our" people. they'll get what everyone's going through. understand people's quirks and moods and not look at each other weird.  for example, my brother and his friends are all like-minded people- happy, positive, ambitous. when i have to be around them it's like they're trying to stuff sunshine down my throat.

but with all that sadness or whatever filling the air we could all just have a mass suicide block party. 

ooh like the sign to entrance of our town/or the slogan of the the town can be " Welcome! It's All Downhill From Here." and the population numbers could just keep counting down/changing. ahaha. 

ah! a comedy club called Dark Humor. 

a nice little inn called The Hangman's Noose. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...