Sign in to follow this  
MurseHog

testosterone replacement and wellbutrin

I have been doing the testosterone replacement for 15 weeks, I had severe lack of energy and no motivation, i was on citalopram at this point. now my MD placed me on wellbrutrin and the anger outbursts are horrific, glad I have understanding family and friends. now the Doc wants to add Prozac to the mix... is there anyone out there that has been in this spot before?

On May 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM, MurseHog said:

I have been doing the testosterone replacement for 15 weeks, I had severe lack of energy and no motivation, i was on citalopram at this point. now my MD placed me on wellbrutrin and the anger outbursts are horrific, glad I have understanding family and friends. now the Doc wants to add Prozac to the mix... is there anyone out there that has been in this spot before?

MurseHog.  I take cymbalta, wellbutrin and androgel (plus a pile of other stuff for heart and pain management). I have never had any anger issues, even since starting Wellbutrin 300 mg a bit less than a year ago.  I did have super low T at one point  (many years ago) so that is at least under control now.  I take 4 pumps a day and seem to be fine.  I have heard of "roid rage" from steroid abuse.  Is your testosterone level too high?  What are you using for replacement?   The adding of SSRI or SNRI may cure your mood issues but chances are it could affect your libido and sexual ability.  If that matters to you then you need to bring this up with your prescribing doctor.  Good luck!