What did you dream about?

ejc

Just remembered a part of last nights dream. Actually a nightmare, that has been the re-occurring type. I've had these kinds of nightmares since childhood.

I was in a haunted house and there was an evil/sprit poltergeist I KNEW didn't like me at all. There were other people there too, but either I didn't know them or I can't remember them..

It was an old manor/vicarage. It was a place I knew (not for real though) and I had memories of previous supernatural incidents there (not real memories).

That's about all I can remember.

I've realizied lately, that most of my dreams are either underground as in cellars, tunnels or ruins and/or it's nearly always dark outside. Not all of them are nightmares.

Sometimes they scare the living daylights out of me.

That a bunch of pythons got into the house and we did not notice them at first. Time when on then I found one in my bed and it was trying to eat me no matter how hard I fought it kept fight me it wanted to eat me. I woke up before I found out if it did. I am not afraid of snakes, I have a healthy respect for them, but that scared me.

Lately I've been having dreams that I'm behind the wheel of a vehicle that is spinning out of control.  In some of the dreams, I have no control at all, but in others, I can turn the wheel and get the car under some degree of control.

I wonder why I have no control in some of the dreams and some control in others...?

24 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

@LoneSquirrel I have same dream yet I'm never I'm control. Sucky dream. I crash all the time.

I used to have dreams where I was trying to put on the brakes, but the brakes weren't very responsive, and I'd wind up stopping in the middle of the intersection.

Also, I sometimes have dreams that I'm supposed to be driving the car, but I'm in the passenger seat or the back seat trying to drive it.

Anyone else have these driving dreams? 

Just woke up from vivid dream... Was at friend's who was a Japanese male of age at end of highschool. We had met recently and I was over at his house in the country and his father was home. We played some video games on his xbox (watched him play mario/luigi on it, too. Started a card game on it with his dad who taught me to play while he did some homework, and I remembered I was learning Japanese too and that I had to finish my homework by 11:30 p.m. which was the same he was doing. I remembered I was in the class, but it was a Highschool class and I was really confused why I was in the class with him because I was 9 years older and why would I have been there? (his dad also teach martial art class but that wasn't the class) then I realized I didn't remember how I met him or his dad, who was really cool/smart guy and then we played a card game to learn Japanese with actual cards, and I was worried about getting home in time to finish my homework, which didn't make sense. Looked in backpack and found my uncompleted sheet even though should turn it in on internet, and also a yellow packet with completed answers not in my handwriting. Started getting suspicious then because I couldn't remember how I got there or why I'd have met a kid in a HS class and gone to his house... and started asking questions, when they started being weird and commented about me following heart and not not trusting mind. They had to leave for a while so I said fk homework and took a nap in basement, woke up and chickens were looking in windows, storming outside, their 2 pet dogs were running around and one told me his name was Rufus, so I pet them and then the guy and his dad and mom come home.

I realize/figure-out i stuck in a matrix world and they told me I was put in with them from the previous world by a company called Nautilitek, to be their slave in this world. I wasn't supposed to remember but..., and they were sounding a bit evil but were still being very nice to me, but said I can't leave... there was a cat in basement too which I started crying and it purred to calm me down... so then I go outside anyways and there were a group of mostly people with slightly off face/personalities of people I knew previously in life and I started naming them and it was their names and they were like *** cus they didn't know me there... Also there was very advanced technology around, like machine robots gathering supplies into mills and flying off into sky to return with more. I asked if I would be able to ever have a gf and they said no.

I remembered that the previous world I was in came from the connected previous dream which was about moving (which into a different condo apartment in less than a month in RL too...) and told them this, and they established that there were many Matrix worlds and who knows we couldn't remember.. they seemed to be fine with this and still affirmed I was their slave because they payed for it to be program that way. I asked about the previous world's technology and they were saying it was far advanced than the one I remembered before that one (which I oddly barely remembered) and apparently had discovered things centuries before the one we exist in here, hence the machines outside). 

Then suddenly realized i could fly in that world and went high into the sky and they follow me, so I just keep going fast as far as I can, and eventually get lost and not know where I was or how I would even get back.... just kept going higher until it got really peaceful and quiet and then I started to realize I could wake up, so I did..

and now going to look up the word Nautilitek...
(it correct word to Nautitech which i guess is a French sailing boat company for Catamarans).... kinda some cool videos on youtube from that, lol..

Edited by jasonte

searched Nautilitech, too, cus i wasn't sure exact spelling, and first link of only three that show on Google for that wrod.... to some Children of Phoenix forums for this story that someone else wrote... I thought it was interesting so I am going to post it, sorry

"The year is 2420. A LOT has happened. In 2057, humanity colonized mars and began its terraformation. By 2070, it was fully habitable, and had a population of 87,000,000. The rish elite, humanity's best and brightest, and criminals who would otherwise be sentenced to long time or death working as endentured servants with nuero-inihibitors. Ship technology has advanced, and while humans hadn't broken the light-barrier yet at that point, it took a few weeks to a month to get to Mars instead of years...... With said planet set up as a jump-base between worlds, humans pushed out to Titan, and other similar moons. The great gas-giants were mined for their useful gasses from orbit, in order to provide fuel for ships..... It was a booming industry by the fall of 2084, with massive, city-like orbital stations around Saturn and Jupiter, and full colonies on Titan and several other moons. The materials to build all of this are mined from the ore-rich asteroid belt, or any deposites found on habitized planets.

That was when we met our first aliens. Or, what was left of them, anyway. As we pushed deeper into the truly massive asteroid-ring, a place we had not previously explored, a place we had not NEEDED to explore, we awoke sapient machines who had lain dormant on massive asteroids and small, crater-pocked planetoids for God knows how long. They did not look like the movies. They did not look even remotely humanoid. Nautilus-like beings that ranged in size from car-length to several dozen meters, they flew seemingly without thrusters, their long, segmented "shells" sidewinding through space. After a four-year war that began in the fall of 2088, humanity was able to overwhelm the androids through shear numbers; despite the win, it was one of the most costly wars in history, with a body-count of 47 million. The androids had numbered only 13,000.

In the aftermath, humanity salvaged technology from the wrecks of the Nautili, for that was what we came to call them. Their technology was not only far beyond ours, it was..... Different. Whoever had constructed the robots, they did not think in even REMOTELY the same way as humans. It took a full 7 years and change for humans to fully reverse-engineer and begin to apply the technology pulled from the ashes of the Nautili. Some say it was better we didn't..... 

In the late winter of 2099, the people working on some of the very largest Nautili found a message. It was only 329 characters long, the last few being coordinates, but it was written in more than 500 different numerical codes. One was analogous with human binary..... 

In the summer of 2100, a group of more than ten thousand scientists, elite military personel, civilians, and indentured criminals armed themselves with Nautili weapons, armor, and tech, and proceeded to lay waste to the supportive fueling-stations between Mars and the Gas-mines. The attack was hard and fast, and included the participation of many individuals with high degrees of power and influence. With the outer colonies in dis-array, they activated the only completed Nautili ship, a vessel named Pheonix V, which was also the only completed ship that could theoretically travel at faster-than-light speeds, and they fled, taking a great deal of stolen supplies and, more interestingly, a cargo of human DNA samples.

No trace of them was ever found. The colonies were re-connected, and Capitol Gov't came down hard on the science-divisions both there and on Earth. All colony projects to directly reverse-engineer and apply Nautili tech were moth-balled, and the only work to continue was held on Earth.... Under close scrutiny. No word was ever given on the nature of the message found in the wrecked hulks of the three largest Nautili......... "

Edited by jasonte

18 minutes ago, LoneSquirrel said:

They really are nightmare fuel, aren't they?  The YouTube video where the guy was pushing the robot and otherwise bullying it bothered me.

I know!  It's disturbing.  They had a video up of one of their larger robots plowing through a bunch of scrub and saplings.  It was unstoppable!  That's how my dream was...Zombie Apocalypse meets The Terminator.

12 minutes ago, SpiralingMind said:

I know!  It's disturbing.  They had a video up of one of their larger robots plowing through a bunch of scrub and saplings.  It was unstoppable!  That's how my dream was...Zombie Apocalypse meets The Terminator.

That's frightening. :shocked:

I don't usually dream about robots, but I do remember a dream I had as a little girl...in the dream, I was spying on my parents.  They took off their "costumes" and they were robots underneath.  It seems sad to me to think about it now.  I just wanted them to show me some affection, but I guess that was too much to ask...so they were robots to me...scary ones.

well had some unpleasant dreams other night but gonna forget about em....
Dreams ended interesting though.... in my room in bed but still dreaming, and our dog sandy from childhood showed up there and laid next to me with warmth, and then a bright light that moved kinda like a faerie was zipping around vividly in front of me and i got scared for some reason didn't know what it was -- think started yelling out halfway in RL.. woke myself up then the birds starting beginning chiriping cus either I woke them up or they had just woke up too like they do early early morning and start conversation with each other... so maybe the zippy light that woke me was the birds somehow, heh?

I've been having the weirdest dreams lately and I think they started after I had knee surgery. Like the other night I had a dream where my brother said our family was going on a vacation to Florida but I didn't know if he considered me his family so I was extremely anxious. Then my coworker asked if I was going to Florida (apparently she was coming with us even though we have no other connection besides working for the same company) and I had to hurry if I was going to make it to the plane in time. I got to the airport and only had like five minutes to get to the gate but I'm still limping from my knee problems (still am in real life too) and I kept getting lost and I was hurrying as fast as I could but it kept getting further away. 

I've also been having other dreams that start out normal (or at least somewhat normal) but then become really scary or weird. For example a while ago I had this dream where I was at work (newspaper reporter) and there was this wreck but something about it didn't add up so for some reason I went to this town four hours away. Upon arrival I got really creeped out and then these terrifying nightmare monsters appeared everywhere and I realized the town was something out of a Stephen King novel. 

I had this other one that was completely disturbing and I'm not comfortable sharing it because it was so messed up.