ejc

What did you dream about?

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2019 at 3:13 AM, LonelyHiker said:

Id like to think that death will be one final, never-ending lucid dream...

Just in case you haven't seen it, there's a film called Vanilla Sky with Tom cruise in it, which is all about a lucid dream. I expect you already have seen it, but y'know just in case. It's really relevant to what you just described. 

Edited by Nightjar

The other day I dreamt that I discovered my husband lied to me about something and I was really mad. I woke up still mad and I had to remind myself it had been a dream and I had no reason to be upset now that I was awake. 

So I had another dream baby. It was an adorable girl this time. I was also in college or something, but I was already married to my husband. And at some point I was having an extremely awkward conversation with my aunt. Then I was carrying my baby around so everyone could tell me how cute she was. Then I was talking to people without her, and I didn't seem overly concerned where she was. Then there was some kind of cookie display...

Posted (edited)

I had a dream that I was a frontrunner in a dance-til-you-drop competition at an outdoor night party with lots of onlookers and I was pretty confident about winning. Then it morphed into a mur.der mystery crime scene type scenario, but it wasn't really scary; it was more weird and spooky but kind of fun(?) in a Scooby Doo type of way. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by evalynn

Weird vivid dream that started out with a group trip on a Caribbean island, where everything seemed to be going wrong and I was fighting with my husband, to hanging out afterward at the house of an old high school friend and another friend and other weird stuff happening. At one point a toddler with there. At another point, some kind of animal was spontaneously regenerating into bigger versions of itself and it was terrifying. And then we were in a recording studio. No clue...

First dream was absolute horror. I won't describe it.

Second dream was weird. There was a nerve agent attack and I flew several hundred meters to safety, leaving people behind.

Posted (edited)

Last week i dreamed my orange cat was still alive and living across the street under the neighbors bed. The house was dirty and smoke filled and she needed a bath

Edited by watalife

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

That sounds like something that would happen to me.

Funny story, I have had to in the past persuade a surgeon that I had my Appendix removed so I could not have Appendicitis.

That was fun

2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Funny story, I have had to in the past persuade a surgeon that I had my Appendix removed so I could not have Appendicitis.

That was fun

I say whatever I have to say to doctors to get away from them as soon as I can.  I've had to talk my way out of being put away forever in some facility more times than I can count.

OMG I had a nightmare about some 'frenemies' from the past. It was really bad. It ended up where I was in the middle of a circle of them and I was sat on the floor.

I couldn't escape and they were just laying into me with insults. Then, as I tried to leave one in particular was shouting "Come back and fight" and I was like "F*ck off" I ain't interested.

It was horrible, I felt awful in it and I have a feeling that if I'd stayed 'frenemies' with them that may have actually happened eventually.

So, maybe I had a lucky escape 😥but I'm finding it hard to trust anyone these days. Is anyone trustworthy out there?  😔

Nobody in real life is trustworthy that's for sure.  There seems to be 2 kinds of happy people in this world.  The monsters and the people that are too naive to know what's going on around them.  You can't figure out the world around you and be happy ever again.  It's impossible.

38 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Nobody in real life is trustworthy that's for sure.  There seems to be 2 kinds of happy people in this world.  The monsters and the people that are too naive to know what's going on around them.  You can't figure out the world around you and be happy ever again.  It's impossible.

Yep, I think I agree with you 😔

53 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I was just thinking of this myself. Is anyone out there really happy in this. Or is it an act or are they really that content in this world? I think a person could be happy but it's more than just thinking it. :blah:

11 minutes ago, watalife said:

I was just thinking of this myself. Is anyone out there really happy in this. Or is it an act or are they really that content in this world? I think a person could be happy but it's more than just thinking it. :blah:

I don't know what the true answer is.  I do know we live in a world where you have to act content and act like you're doing well to protect yourself.  I think most people are doing about half as well as they tell the world they are doing.  We're all ticking time bombs that are forced to keep it together in impossible lives to some degree.

Recurring theme in this dream of mine.
I talked to a friend through a window. She kept trying to tell me something important, but I ignored (or misunderstood) the important bits. As in real life. God damn it!

A very long and detailed dream involving a scary highway and a busy airport. We took a scary highway and when we got off a long line of kids and a very behaved giant dog were crossing the street. My mom took us to the airport and as we were walking in my aunt and uncle were walking out. They brushed by us without even looking at us, and I was surprised and excited to see them so I got their attention. They were just like "oh, hi" and then kept on moving like they didn't care. lol Inside, we ran into some other family members, some of them the wrong ages. Then we were hanging out with a family friend and her friend; she was a lot more excited to see  us. Then I was hanging out with these strangers who were characters to say the least. One girl kept dancing in her seat. I had a laptop all of a sudden and the volume button wasn't working and this old guy snapped at me. Then my sister was back and we were hanging out with these weird culty people. Then we were in a car with my dad (on the highway again) and telling him about how weird these people are. Turns out they were related to my sister's husband and she wanted to go on vacation with them and I was like, "no way if they're coming!" In all the highway parts of the dream, there were new lanes and exits in the process of being built that were leading to nowhere. That's all I remember...