ejc

What did you dream about?

My psych. said dreams are a way to process things that we couldn't during the time we are awake bc it would be too overwhelming. she suggested a dream journal.. I can't commit to paper. why not post here? so...

Just woke up from a dream or nightmare? Please describe... 

I had a really bizarre one, I was living in some sort of hotel-like apartment complex out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by misty forests. For some reason I just knew that if you go into that forest, you'll never return. As long as you stayed at the hotel/complex, you were basically in paradise, you had all the food you could ever want, entertainment, company etc. All the neighbours I interacted with were very nice people, but something was "off" or "wrong" about every one of them. There was almost something "fake" about them, they didn't seem completely human. If that makes sense.

I had a dream/nightmare last night where i had a huge rash on both my legs. The rash consisted of earbuds (red earphone silicone holders) and went in big blotches all the way up my leg but mainly centered around the knee.

I actually woke up in a bit of a shock and checked my legs, only to realise they looked completely normal.

This has happened quite a bit to me in the past few months, where reality becomes the dream and this sudden shock can usually upset my mindset for the day. But this one just seemed so strange.

I had a dream where I with my family were attending a ceremony of some sort, and were seated at the dining hall, ready to plunge into the awesome food. 

Me and my elder bro, instead of eating food from our plates, were eating from our younger bro's plate, and my younger bro did not mind. 

So it was funny I guess. Many other things happened, can't remember. 

Great topic.  I hope to get some great insight into my reality.  I have a question about dreams.  When I first retired, I dreamed about work situations sort of like Duck has where there is a big problem I can't solve.  Now I am dreaming about when I was in High School.  Does this mean I am regressing in mental age?

i ahve some reeally intense and weird dreams/ nightmares I will try to list them all throughout the week.

but some memorable ones were that there was a huge jelly fish descending on the town next to mine and Robert deniro was driving me away from it and he was my dad. It happened years ago and I just wokeup saying *** just happened. Then my nightmare last night was like the walking dead and there were creatures that i was running from and we would go to different areas trying to find shelter while people in my group were being picked off. I had a dream last night to that I was shopping in walmart and saw my college professor she was in a rush buying cat food. for the cats she rescues and she didn,t want to talk because she was stressed out about grading term papers. Another one was my scalp was falling off and my skin there was blood everywhere and I just kept ripping it off I was freaking out seeing it fall down around me .when I woke up but i have hundreds I remeber I will try to write them all here when i think of them. I have alot of things where I wake up like its a normal day and start going about my day but then I wake up in real life and get confused.

Edited by scienceguy

I'm usually running from something scary and I usually have to protect someone I'm running with. I usually end up dying so they can get away.

Or I have to warn everyone about something bad that's about to happen, and they never listen. Usually everyone dies because they laugh at what I'm trying to warn them about instead of listening to me.So I gather my family and we take shelter, and when we come out, everyone is dead.

Thankfully, I mostly don't remember my dreams, as they are all usually one of those two.   :-/

One time I actually died in a dream. I fell from a tall cliff, and after I hit the ground, I woke up gasping for air.

Dreams are not fun for me, maybe that's why I never remember them. :-/

22 minutes ago, 20YearsandCounting said:

I'm usually running from something scary and I usually have to protect someone I'm running with. I usually end up dying so they can get away.

Or I have to warn everyone about something bad that's about to happen, and they never listen. Usually everyone dies because they laugh at what I'm trying to warn them about instead of listening to me.So I gather my family and we take shelter, and when we come out, everyone is dead.

Thankfully, I mostly don't remember my dreams, as they are all usually one of those two.   :-/

One time I actually died in a dream. I fell from a tall cliff, and after I hit the ground, I woke up gasping for air.

Dreams are not fun for me, maybe that's why I never remember them. :-/

Yeah thats how mine go accept I end up as the lone surivior and i end up living in hiding and the last person on earth. I had one dream where the alien from the ridley scott movie I was running around a mansion i was in and picking off my family members and i was the last one left suriving on the top of this tower hiding while it came past and I just stayed silent until it left. i woke up and thought it was kind of cool like being in a movie,im a weirdo though because I like my nightmares most of the time.

i had a odd dream it was about the blond actor from 30 rock  a very sexual dream with her and a second women  there were people randomly coming in and watching ous. It was very odd lol I woke up and was confused then I was like dammit it was just a dream. There no women around here lol.

I actually remembered a dream. A bizarre one at that. 

I was on a desert road, at a T-section intersection in the middle of nowhere except for one nice two story house. I was driving an old white jeep type vehicle. There were a collection of hovels dug into the ground on the side of the road, with makeshift tents over them, and people were living in them. I was sent to investigate why people were having their children and paltry few items stolen. At first I thought maybe it was a government official, taking the kids because he thought they were not in good enough homes, but the people in the nice house said they had the same problem. I woke up before I found anyone. :-/

I recall my dreams vividly, this morning about 3am:

I was running down an unfamiliar dark street, I have been running for a while, I am panting. Somebody is chasing me. It's the middle of the night, all the houses are dark, nobody is awake. Nobody knows I am in trouble.

I race around the corner to the next street, looking behind me - Nobody is behind me. I can't keep running, it's exhausting, I need to hide. The street lights are too bright, quickly! Where can I hide?!  I run towards a brick house on my right and jump the colorbond fence. Running through the side of the house into the backyard... What if he saw me? I need to hide! Check the back door... It's unlocked! I go inside and close the door behind me, it's nearly pitch black, i can barely make out that I am in the laundry room of this mysterious house. I look behind me, I cant see the door anymore, it's too dark. I tip-toe into the kitchen. An arm comes from my left side and wraps around my neck. They lift me off the ground, I cant breath. I am choking, I grab the arm and try to get some breathing space, it's too strong! Help! I am kicking wildly but it doesn't achieve anything. Their right arm comes into view, it's holding something very sharp...

(too graphic to detail here)

Everything is sideways, the floor is cold and hard, I am gasping for air but cannot breath. Adrenalin is racing through my body, my heart rate is through the roof.

I wake up as I die in my dream. :tear2:

Edited by Waffles

I tend to dream a lot about dead people (mostly people I have known/had an impact in my life).

Last night I dreamt I was exhuming a body with my of my  uncles (one of them died a few years ago). Apparently it was a cousin of mine who had died at the age of one (never existed in real life).

I recall telling the uncle who had died in real life to let me take care of the digging, as I was younger..

I recall the stench after opening the coffin, but the body was somehow veiled or otherwise hidden. All I could see was a hand that was in perfect condition.

I also saw something that looked like a sprinkler (preservative gas???) And a money dispenser full of 500 euro notes in the coffin. Apparently all this was needed to keep the body in good condition (perhaps because of the possibility of future inventions to resurrect the body?).

Then I woke up.

As dreams go, this pretty standard stuff for me. It wasn't a nightmare, more of a matter-of fact thing, that is in dream-context..

If I dream of the dead, Normally I dream of either one of my friends who have passed a way. One died of an alcohol-related issue and the other committed suicide.

In the dreams I always realize they are dead, and usually tell them they are supposed to be dead. I carry a conversation with them and it all feels real.

Weird perhaps but in no way frightening.

I don't remember the details that led to the end of the dream but I do know they were overwhelming and emotional.....

There is a guy driving an old school bus backwards at high speed down an interstate.  There are a bunch of us on board.  Everyone is panicking.  The driver is threatening us as he swerves between cars and traffic going the right was.  He is maniacal and menacing.  Nobody is fighting back or doing anything to prevent our impending doom.  We have had several close calls and will crash into someone soon. 

Out of nowhere I get the courage to just do something.  While he is not watching I run up to the front and somehow slam on the breaks. I also somehow manage to get the bus out of gear (not sure if this would be helpful in real life).  He grimaces.  He threatens but somehow we come to a stop and so do the vehicles around us.  

It ends suddenly there.

The next nightmare is me being chased from building to building by teenagers with automatic rifles.  That is all I remember before I wake up exhausted.  It was not a good night of sleep.

On 05/13/2016 at 11:57 AM, duck said:

My dreams are full of anxiety.  I dream't I was at work and things were going wrong.  I had a difficult time handling the situation.

I get those too. ..

Mine are usually work-related, but sometimes they're about relationships.

Hate them.

Mostly the.dreams..