Sign in to follow this  
Corbin

Feeling worthless. Wanting to be loved.

I recently came out to my psychiatrist as bi. However, I am naturally attracted towards men. I have difficulty with women, to be honest, mainly my sister and mother. No, I don't rudely stare at women's chests and I'm not a misogynist. It's just that my sister and my mother get overtly emotional all the ****ing time and it drives me crazy. Men, in my opinion, are more stable and calm, and it feels more rewarding in a relationship to see a man express themselves compared to a woman. Given, I don't look down on women and I treat them as equals. It's just that the experience I had with women makes me upset. The same could be said for men for being angry, so it makes the two genders even on problems. I began being bi-curious in October of 2014, where I felt extremely lonely and felt a need to feel love regardless. I became attracted towards men, though a lot of guys in my school are ugly and I'm only attracted to intelligent men, goths, or shy men. It's extremely difficult to find someone like me, so I feel the need to cry but I can't. I want someone to care for because I don't want to be alone anymore. What do you think? Is this normal?

It is understandable that you want a stable relationship with someone and that you find that more on the male side. I'm sure everyone including myself wants a relationship like that where their partner is there to care for them. It is a normal feeling and you should find someone who makes you feel everything you want to feel and makes you want to do the same for them.

Also, didn

On 5/14/2016 at 6:41 AM, Atron said:

It is understandable that you want a stable relationship with someone and that you find that more on the male side. I'm sure everyone including myself wants a relationship like that where their partner is there to care for them. It is a normal feeling and you should find someone who makes you feel everything you want to feel and makes you want to do the same for them.

Also, didn't you say you were gay before? If so, how do you feel about men in terms of developing a relationship?

16 hours ago, Corbin said:

Also, didn

Also, didn't you say you were gay before? If so, how do you feel about men in terms of developing a relationship?

I said I was Bi curious and nothing has changed since that post. In terms of how I feel about developing relationships with men, I wouldn't go about it any differently to a woman, I just get talking to someone and ask them out at a time I see as appropriate or wait for them to ask me.

Hi Corbin, I am straight and yet what you have written seems 100% normal to me.  We want what we want in a partner, there is no right or wrong.  Will will not be content in a relationship until we find what we need.  It is that simple.  Good luck to you!!!

You know Corbin, when I was 18, I had friends that were girls and friends that were guys.  I hung around with guys mostly, but I could talk to girls all day long.  I never really got the urge to ask a girl out until long after high school.  Eventually I did just that.  I think in your case you need to just carry on with life whether it be, in school or work,  be the best you can be at what you want.  Cultivate friends not based on gender, but on their quality characteristics as human beings, as friends.  Don't be in a rush to categorize yourself.  I think we live in a world of "too much information" and "too much social pressure".  Whatever your sexual orientation is, people will accept you for being you.  You have to accept you for being who you are.  Until you know the answer, carry on.  Best of all Good Luck!

I'm wondering if I'm in the wrong forum? I'm feeling depressed, but this whole forum is just filled with lgbt issues that have nothing to do with plain depression. 

Corbin  are you able to talk to psychologist?    Would you say angry men scare you and that women's emotions frustrate you .   A good psychologist can you deal and lean how to not let this happen.    Oh by the way, I used to feel the same way as you do.

Wow, @Roche Runo, I'm surprised you replied to an old thread. Well, I was going through a bit of a crisis at that time and my mind was all over the place. My mind is clearer now and a lot has changed.

First off, I mentioned I was bi, but now I realize that I may not actually be bisexual, since I have difficulty relating myself with other people. Second, people in general and their emotions tend to frustrate me a lot and worry me also. In fact, talking about sexuality just makes me feel uncomfortable, since I tend to be a logical person at best. I want to major in Science, Math, Computer Science, or any other high paying job in a good college so I wouldn't be riddled with debt and I would make good money by helping people, rather than compete with them.

hatGlad to know you are feeling better.    if you have time  could you elaborate  on what  or why you cant relate to people

Edited by Roche Runo