On to another medication.

Iv been on zoloft for most of my life and after taking it for about 5 years it finally pooped out on me. we tried increasing my dosage of it but it made be feel even worse so we eventually switched to paxil. paxil makes my face breakout like crazy i sweat all night and have stomach sourness and muscle weakness all day along with a headache. i am on 20mg of paxil. now its looking like were going to change again and was wonder what medications worked best for you guys. just trying to get ideas so that i could consult my doctor and see how he feels about it. Any help works! Thanks!

I started with citalapram and was abruptly taken off when I showed no improvement (which was actually hypomania my psyc failed to see) This time around they avoided the SSRI category and went with Duloxetine an SNRI and added Mirtazapine to help with sleep. I like this combo one gets me out of bed in the morning, and the other has helped me sleep at night for the first time since I was a child. 

How long have you been off? And when did you start the paxil? I know discontinuation and adjustment periods can be hard, but I am glad I stuck with my current ones long enough to see the benefits. I feel your pain though I could barely walk for a week I was so sick in the beginning. I hope it gets better for you, or that you find a better fit.

mertazapine (remeron)- I gained 10 pounds in 11 days. it increases your apetite. denching sweats I switched to:

citalopram (celexa)- emotional numbing effect in first 2 weeks , did balance out appetite, did balance mood . I was on it for 2 months. bad: drenching sweats at night, vivid dreams of trauma or experiences that caused depression, severe jaw clenching (felt it 24/7)  , entire face tightened (felt it 24/7). it got so bad I was told to stop - taper off . 

Zoloft - bad side effects for me 

and  now I'm going to start  wellbutrin.

On May 8, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Anony said:

I started with citalapram and was abruptly taken off when I showed no improvement (which was actually hypomania my psyc failed to see) This time around they avoided the SSRI category and went with Duloxetine an SNRI and added Mirtazapine to help with sleep. I like this combo one gets me out of bed in the morning, and the other has helped me sleep at night for the first time since I was a child. 

How long have you been off? And when did you start the paxil? I know discontinuation and adjustment periods can be hard, but I am glad I stuck with my current ones long enough to see the benefits. I feel your pain though I could barely walk for a week I was so sick in the beginning. I hope it gets better for you, or that you find a better fit.

Yeah i was on the paxil for about a month and with the headaches and sweats and acne its just not worth it. its been about two weeks since i stopped the zoloft completely and the flu symptoms are starting to fade, but the amount of acne the paxil gives me along with the sexual side effects just makes me believe i can find something more fitting for me. I see my doctor tomorrow so we will see.

On May 8, 2016 at 10:38 AM, ejc said:

mertazapine (remeron)- I gained 10 pounds in 11 days. it increases your apetite. denching sweats I switched to:

citalopram (celexa)- emotional numbing effect in first 2 weeks , did balance out appetite, did balance mood . I was on it for 2 months. bad: drenching sweats at night, vivid dreams of trauma or experiences that caused depression, severe jaw clenching (felt it 24/7)  , entire face tightened (felt it 24/7). it got so bad I was told to stop - taper off . 

Zoloft - bad side effects for me 

and  now I'm going to start  wellbutrin.

Yeah I'm just not sure what direction to go to at this point.

I think that trying either celexa or Zoloft might be good. they do the job but the side effects, those we can't avoid. I spoke to my psych, and he said I was in the extreme side of side effects with the tight face- jaw clenching 24/7. so it may likely not happen to everyone else. 

i started Wellbutrin at 150mg. so far I haven't felt anything it's been 2 days, but I'll post updates here. 

22 hours ago, ejc said:

I think that trying either celexa or Zoloft might be good. they do the job but the side effects, those we can't avoid. I spoke to my psych, and he said I was in the extreme side of side effects with the tight face- jaw clenching 24/7. so it may likely not happen to everyone else. 

i started Wellbutrin at 150mg. so far I haven't felt anything it's been 2 days, but I'll post updates here. 

Yeah i started lexapro today so fingers crossed with this one

1 hour ago, tracyistrying said:

I am on Lexapro and it works pretty well for me.  Been on it about 5 months now.  Noticed this week that I no longer have road rage............ha ha!!  :)

hahahah I'm hoping it works well for me too