Lazy or depressed??

I have always hated doing housework, and it shows.  But I'm wondering if I'm depressed because I'm lazy,  or am I lazy because I'm depressed?  

When my home is clean,  I feel hopeful & more energized.  But I rarely find the motivation to clean to begin with.   Is that being lazy or depressed?

I've helped many depressed friends over the years clean their homes & vice versa.  So, that's why I wonder if I'm actually lazy or if I'm so far gone in this depression that it's become part of my personality.   

Any thoughts?

I remember in my first group therapy session, one guy said he felt like he had a "disease of laziness." 

But, in my opinion, it's not laziness.  I consider laziness to be a person being ABLE to do something, but CHOOSING not to do it.  With depression, the person isn't able to do it.  So it's not that the depressed person could do it and chooses not to do it...  it's that the depressed person feels that they aren't ABLE to do it.  That's a big difference.

I think its same for everyone its hard to start but once you do its fine and once you finished u glad u did it.

Same as going out. Id rather stay in bed all day but when i go out im usually glad i did it etc.

When my room or bed a mess i leave it for days but once i start to clean i can get into it and once its done im like woo that was easy and i feel so much better for it

I wouldn't worry too much about it, after all in the grand scheme of things who cares if your house is not pristine!  You will not look back over your life and be most proud of a clean home.  Give yourself a break when you need it.  I do understand feeling better when it's done.  I feel better mentally when there's no clutter around me.  I say give yourself small tasks rather than trying to tackle it all at once.  One day you focus on one room or one task like dusting and laundry another day, etc.  And don't beat yourself up if you miss a day but do find something every day that gives you a pick-me-up.  Get some fresh flowers.  Run a scented diffuser.  It helps me.