Facebook

Kabuto

I don't know why I am always hesitant to accept people on my facebook.  I have 171 friends on there at this current moment.   There's an implication:   that if I accept one person, I need to accept another.   But how many "phantoms" do I want floating around my periphery?   It's strange, I don't know why it bugs me to accept people I don't know on a deep level.

But...on the flipside, I don't want to alienate myself:  as someone who can certainly use more friends.   

I deactivated my facebook a few months ago and i think i've seen a significant boost in my self confidence. 
It got to the stage that my feed was nothing but people posting pics of how great their life is and reading news stories about tragic events i can do nothing about.

I still have a twitter and instagram, but i feel facebook does more harm than good (for me anyways).

I have 50 freinds. On one hand i feel embarassed but on other hand i prefer to only have people that are family or close freinds. I dont want joe bloggs on their, then again i dont post much or any pics so they not getting info about me really.

I use it just to chat really like an instant messsanger service

Imagine Facebook is like your personal vehicle.   How many strangers would you just pick up & allow in your personal space?  I don't want just anyone to have access to my personal pictures & info.  You're wise to not accept friend requests from just anyone.   You're under no obligation to lets everyone in.