Jump to content

Imagine dieing old and alone?


Recommended Posts

But what purpose was your life?

 

My Grandmother died recently. She had 12 children and from that lots of gran children.  She lived til 84. I guess after high school and college and party days theres not much going on, so if you have kids 25-35 etc then u can watch them grow and their kids etc.

BUt what if u have no kids and then life just passes by without meaning?  And when you are old and unwell and die nobody knows and noone goes to funeral...but would u care as u are dead? right?

Then what have u left behind? what was your purpose in life?  My Grandmother created so many lives in this world and from them so many more grand children some became architechts, school teachers, musicians, doctors, physicts etc..they all came from my grandmother really. She left a huge legacy and so much behind. Her life then had purpose?

But if never have kids or even care for partner what was your point?  I got degrees, i got certificates, i can play guitar, im good at video games but is it real? its just fun or w/e?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know . I feel you and what you are saying. I am 34 no kids. I wish I had kids. but I'm alone. 

it is sad and makes me cry. 

we cease to exist . In the history of human kind we won't have ever existed. we left nothing behind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The human race will be wiped out some day probably by the sun or a natural diasaster so everything will be equalized so I don,t think it matters to much everything fades away eventually.Everyone has purpose even a mouse everything depends on every other thing in the universe,so I don,t think about it much.I never really wanted kids so I guess my perspective is different.even once you die your life has purpose it goes back into the earth and is broken down by the environment nourishing other living things they die and the same thing happens to them,So I think everyone has a purpose even if they don,t have kids,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ejc said:

I don't know . I feel you and what you are saying. I am 34 no kids. I wish I had kids. but I'm alone. 

it is sad and makes me cry. 

we cease to exist . In the history of human kind we won't have ever existed. we left nothing behind. 

 

27 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

The human race will be wiped out some day probably by the sun or a natural diasaster so everything will be equalized so I don,t think it matters to much everything fades away eventually.Everyone has purpose even a mouse everything depends on every other thing in the universe,so I don,t think about it much.I never really wanted kids so I guess my perspective is different.even once you die your life has purpose it goes back into the earth and is broken down by the environment nourishing other living things they die and the same thing happens to them,So I think everyone has a purpose even if they don,t have kids,

It's actually comforting to me to think that one day everything will be wiped clean, it will be as if humanity or any of never existed, nothing will matter then and no one will suffer anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SenorDomino said:

 

It's actually comforting to me to think that one day everything will be wiped clean, it will be as if humanity or any of never existed, nothing will matter then and no one will suffer anymore.

Yeah me to this thread reminded me of  this song 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Cosmic_Calendar.png

 

humans really are the ultimate being. As far as we know we have done so much in a short time. Created so much manufactured creations on our natural land. From Famous buildings to space stations to airoplanes to the internet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG i think about this constantly!!! and my grandmother just died as well, and i sat their in the hospital room and thought to myself....look at all her kids here to with her....a few of her grandkids and one great grand kid. and i thought how when i get to that age, ill be dying in the hospital alone.

its heartbreaking to think about. my life has no purpose. i want kids, but first need to find someone who actually wants to be with me. i cant keep friends, i dont have much faith ill find a husband. 

life is already lonely, but i can take care of myself. when i get too old to do things for myself...what happens then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have worried about this too but then I wondered if it is really possible for someone to go through life never having meant anything to anyone. Even if someone doesn't have children or a life partner they would still have parents, and friends and other people whose lives they touched. I don't know if I will have anyone around when I die but I will die knowing that people in my life loved me. I honestly believe that every person in the world has at least one other who cares about them or whose life was affected by them, therefore through at least one other person everyone's life means something. Other people might disagree but this is just my view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

looCosmic_Calendar.png

its so amazing how many steps the universe went thru to evolve into a human being,Love reading about that stuff im a biologist major and graduating in a week and i was thinking of becoming a anthropologist or ecologist after I work a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 4:40 PM, whatgoingon said:

But what purpose was your life?

 

My Grandmother died recently. She had 12 children and from that lots of gran children.  She lived til 84. I guess after high school and college and party days theres not much going on, so if you have kids 25-35 etc then u can watch them grow and their kids etc.

BUt what if u have no kids and then life just passes by without meaning?  And when you are old and unwell and die nobody knows and noone goes to funeral...but would u care as u are dead? right?

Then what have u left behind? what was your purpose in life?  My Grandmother created so many lives in this world and from them so many more grand children some became architechts, school teachers, musicians, doctors, physicts etc..they all came from my grandmother really. She left a huge legacy and so much behind. Her life then had purpose?

But if never have kids or even care for partner what was your point?  I got degrees, i got certificates, i can play guitar, im good at video games but is it real? its just fun or w/e?

I had a homeless friend, a disabled veteran. At one time he had pretty well off, not rich but very comfortable. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is yeah right. I really didn't care one way or another, we were good friends. He was part of a group of homeless veterans that I helped with tents, clothing, etc. When he died at the VA hospital it was only he and other veteran, me not being there still bothers me but he had some kind words for me and others who helped them. Anyway I talked to his twin sister who came from Florida for his funeral and confirmed everything and told us that after his wife died he walked out of their home and into the street. 

In my culture our elders seldom spend their last days alone, they usually live with a daughter, son or other family member. Towards the end of life roles reverse, our children become can become our caretakers just as we did for our parents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SenorDomino said:

 

It's actually comforting to me to think that one day everything will be wiped clean, it will be as if humanity or any of never existed, nothing will matter then and no one will suffer anymore.

you're right, there will be no such thing as pain. bigger things will be happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, scienceguy said:

its so amazing how many steps the universe went thru to evolve into a human being,Love reading about that stuff im a biologist major and graduating in a week and i was thinking of becoming a anthropologist or ecologist after I work a bit

wooooowwww and were walking around thinking we're the center of all that ! sheesh! if people truly comprehended and digested this diagram we wouldn't behave so selfishly .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, whatgoingon said:

 

humans really are the ultimate being. As far as we know we have done so much in a short time. Created so much manufactured creations on our natural land. From Famous buildings to space stations to airoplanes to the internet.

So much in comparison to whom? what?

 

Sure we've done stuff, but we're also ****ing this world over with the raping of resources to the point where humans won't be able to live comfortably like we are now.

Personally, I don't care about the future of humankind, but what I do care about is the environment and what we're doing to it.

We're apparently so smart and brilliant, yet we allow our instinctual greed and selfishness throw anything we have to offer out the window.

 

To sum it up, humans are stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WhyAreWeHere said:

So much in comparison to whom? what?

 

Sure we've done stuff, but we're also ****ing this world over with the raping of resources to the point where humans won't be able to live comfortably like we are now.

Personally, I don't care about the future of humankind, but what I do care about is the environment and what we're doing to it.

We're apparently so smart and brilliant, yet we allow our instinctual greed and selfishness throw anything we have to offer out the window.

 

To sum it up, humans are stupid.

I think we will still be able to live comfertably atleast if your in a first world country I was learning in university that the birth rates are declining in devloping nations because of education about over population.The only places that won,t be able to get resources are developing nations this mostly has to do with there extermley high birth rates and lack of education something that will change in the future.You just have to rember is people are animals and I don,t mean that in a bad way we have behaviors we evloved to follow how people behave in groups how we make descions. I would not blame a house cat for ******* thousands of birds a year which devastates bird populations when there doing instinctive behaviors.Now we should change these types of behaviors because they are not rational are economies are not organized in a way that is beneficial to everyone nor does the structure of society work in such a way it is just counter productive to human nature.I think we will change it in the future with enough education and social conditioning especially in developing nations.I agree with whats going that we are the most species on the plant that has the largest potential to influence out comes on earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll come back to this later today since a friend called and needs some computer help, finally, something to keep my mind occupied.

But give this a quick glance/read.

Earth 'Will Expire By 2050'
Says New Report

http://www.rense.com/general26/earthexp.htm

I don't care about humans, so much because we can handle and ourselves just fine.  But to be so blatantly ignorant and not give a damn about the environment and the animals who are helpless to us?

That's an entirely different thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read things like this even watched a 3 hour video birthrates will drastically decline by then due to awareness or thats is what i read in scientific literature if we were all vegetarian we would reduce resource consumption in half alot of the resources we use are to feed livestock.We will have lab grown meats in the future that will drastically reduce resource constumption so birth rates will decline and we will have ways more ways to conserve resources.Its in devloping nations that most of this stuff will happen there are many new technologies being developed to combat these problems in the future.

I need to find the other parts of the video to,but it is a excellent documentary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have some fear of dying old and alone. I do not want children since I want to pass on my genes. I am open to having a spouse but I don;t want a spouse for the sake of having a spouse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's something that bothers me more than anything over the last few years. I don't care about my legacy or how I'll be remembered. I don't believe I'll be aware of it after I'm gone anyway. But since I've become somewhat functional again, the loneliness is the worst part.

My dad was the same way. He spent the last 30 years or so of his life totally alone. He'd go to work, and then just be in his house alone. I could tell he didn't like it, even though he really didn't seem to like being around too many people. He didn't have any friends he met with outside of work. He'd very rarely remark about a lovely woman we passed when I was with him. He clearly didn't care for not having someone. But he never tried to do anything about it. I guess maybe he had the same anxieties and fears I do about approaching someone. Crippling fear of rejection or embarrassment. So he never did, and he spent about three decades by himself, and died alone. And I'm exactly like him. I'm going on 13 years of isolation just like that, and it's not going to change. I can sit around fantasizing about being able to change it, but I can't. I know that. And I hate it.

I never want kids. I don't want to do something big with my life, or accomplish something that I'll be remembered for, or leave some legacy. I just don't want to be sad and anxious and embarrassed and alone anymore. But I've already seen how it's going to go. So I guess I just regret it until it's over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...