What made you smile today? :)

Lonelystreet

Finding the perfect dress for Halloween for my fairy princess look. It's a pink dress with a soft, corset-looking top with some crotchet flowers on the bodice and a tulle skirt. It was on clearance and pretty cheap. It will go perfect with my pink fairy wings.

Watching the nature program at the gym, the little baby turtles had hatched and they focused on one running down the beach to the safety of the water, but as it got to the water a heron was blocking its path but the little guy weaved round him like a rugby player and dived into the water and safety :happy:

Considering the physical pain I've had as I recuperate, this did me a lot of good.  I've had to stay in bed as much as possible even during the day.  I woke up midday to find Mr. Cat firmly planted against my body, lying on his back, back end towards me, full on tummy exposure and splayed legs.  As most adult cats, he won't expose that particularly vulnerable area unless he feels completely secure and utterly at ease.  I take it as the ultimate feline compliment.

Definitely a day to appreciate the small things.  While Mr. Cat insists on being carried/cradled a lot, I noticed that when I carry him on his back it seem perfectly normal to him that he should use the opportunity while his hind legs are in the air to wash them.  (When in upright "flight", yes, he washes his face).  I live to serve.

Edited by MarkintheDark

Occasionally I'll sit on the front step and become the perch for Mr. Cat (who thinks he's a dog).  This evening's bonus - as sometimes happens with my dog-walking neighbors - he trotted right over to meow and greet a neighbor's dog who was equally civil. 

Edited by MarkintheDark