Lonelystreet

What made you smile today? :)

18 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

In the RV park in which I currently stay, there are cotton tails everywhere.  Since dogs are generally kept on leash, they have no natural enemies here except for the vehicles.  They don't run from humans unless you are right on them.  I should throw a few rocks at them to remind them that humans are dangerous.  FYI, they are not an ingredient in "Welsh rarebit" which is basically cheese melted on toast. 

I agree I'm glad they are tame but at the same time I worry about them because they are too trusting.  I caught a wild rabbit once when I was about 12.  It was a young one.  I petted him for a while and then let him go.  I would love to have a rabbit as a pet but I don't want to cage them up.  It's not fair to take his life away just so I can have something to pet.

Posted (edited)

There are a ton of rabbits in my neighborhood and they're not too trusting at all. First off, my dog is half beagle so she's always going to go after them. But even when my husband and I would walk at night, they'd hop to safety if they saw us coming. Maybe they recognize us as the parents of that evil bully. 

Now that I think about it, there are probably quite a few natural predators around here. Raccoons for one, stray dogs, and I ever heard tale of coyotes and bobcats in this area (though I've yet to see one). Oh, and the gators! One time I saw a standoff between a gator and a raccoon down by the creek and it was intense! I couldn't stay to watch how they played out. 

Anyway what made me smile: Having a short, pleasant exchange with the old lady next door. When she isn't being a nosy chismosa, she isn't that bad. 

Edited by evalynn

Facebook reminded me of a conversation I had with my now 20 year old son a while back. Neither of us can remember what the conversation was about - but it is a microcosm of our relationship. 

15-year Old: I shall speak no more.

Me: And?

15-year old: Hmmm msmmm mmhmh....

Me: Speak once more and tell me what you shall do.

15-year old: Go home?

Me: Good call.

Just got off the phone with Dad. He was reminding me of Mom's birthday on Saturday (pfft, as if I need reminding! I already have the cake recipe picked out--lemon with cream cheese frosting), and he wants to take her to the beach that morning. l think it's a great idea! Mom and I used to walk at the beach all the time--even in Connecticut we would do that, in the snow sometimes! lol--so my husband and I are going to come early so we can help take her to the beach to walk. I don't think she's been in years. One indication that her condition was starting to deteriorate is when she randomly told me one day she didn't want to go walking to the beach anymore, when we had previously been doing it on almost a daily basis. 😞 Anyway, I think it'll be good--I haven't been in months myself--so I'm looking forward to us all doing that. *knocks on wood that it doesn't rain* *cross your fingers for us*

Getting to say "I love it when a plan comes together" after a plan came together earlier.

Chatting with a nice lady who I met for the first time today, she was volunteering in her spare time whilst juggling a uni course and working with disabled kids and I thought she was rather sweet ☺️ as well as being quite nice to look at 😍

@evalynn Funny my mom's birthday is on Friday.  We're just getting takeout and a store bought cake though.  Anyway I hope you can get some needed rest before the weekend (I read your other post) and have a good time with your mom and family.  I'm sure everyone will love the lemon cake...cream cheese frosting is so good.

-----

What made me smile today was relocating a fairly large spider (not sure what kind, maybe a huntsman) from my kitchen to the backyard.  I put a plastic cup over it and slid a card underneath to trap it.  It actually scared me when I first saw it.. I was putting away some dishes and it ran right by my hand haha.

16 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

What made me smile today was relocating a fairly large spider (not sure what kind, maybe a huntsman) from my kitchen to the backyard.  I put a plastic cup over it and slid a card underneath to trap it.  It actually scared me when I first saw it.. I was putting away some dishes and it ran right by my hand haha.

I can't **** spiders either or anything.  There's been a bee's nest in the doorway of my shed all year and they've stung me tons of times but I still can't hurt them or take down the nest.  Also mice were getting into my food and tearing everything up and I had to put my food into totes to save it but I felt guilty because the mice wouldn't have any food.

8 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I can't **** spiders either or anything.  There's been a bee's nest in the doorway of my shed all year and they've stung me tons of times but I still can't hurt them or take down the nest.  Also mice were getting into my food and tearing everything up and I had to put my food into totes to save it but I felt guilty because the mice wouldn't have any food.

Yeah I can't k*ll bugs either.  I just think there's too much death in the world as it is, and all these creatures are just trying to survive like the rest of us.  A few years ago I was bitten by a spider that was hiding in the laundry basket, but I still couldn't bring myself to k*ll it.  I just caught it and put it outside in the bushes.  The bite was pretty gross and you could even see the fang marks...took several weeks to heal and there's still a small scar.  I can't k*ll anything.   

I ordered a few things with a coupon during a sale at one of my fave online stores, and it all arrived looking great.

Also I got a few hours sleep in last night, and a few more this afternoon. I'm still a bit tired, but I don't have to do anything until dinner time.  

Posted (edited)

I saw 47 Meters Down yesterday and it made me laugh.  Not smart girls doing things that I knew not to do when I was about 12 years old. 

Edited by Rattler6