Lonelystreet

What made you smile today? :)

12 minutes ago, evalynn said:

The whole house smells like warm, sweet peaches. 🍑 My stomach is rumbling at the thought of eating that cobbler tomorrow! 

Peaches have an awesome aroma!  Reminds me of visiting my family in Georgia throughout the years 🙂  And peach cobbler is so good!  Just go have a little piece now, no one will notice 😄 

22 minutes ago, JessiesMom said:

My best friend told me that my brother said that I am one of those people who leaves car repairs until they make a big enough noise. What made me smile is that both of them know me enough to know it is true.

I do too because every car I've ever had has been junk.  Usually I don't do anything with the car until someone else drives and complains like when my brother and uncle drove the car and wondered how I was even able to stop the car in the winter because I barely had brakes.

1 hour ago, JessiesMom said:

My best friend told me that my brother said that I am one of those people who leaves car repairs until they make a big enough noise. What made me smile is that both of them know me enough to know it is true.

It is best not to wait with those things.  Like medical it is better to bite the bullet soon.  

It is good to have people who know and care about you.

Finding out that the fruit in a fruit cup tasted better than regular fruit.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

The swallows swooping and sweeping around in the park, catching flies. 

Got chatting to an old fella who loves them too and we stood together gawping at them for a bit 😃

Aw they are very graceful in flight aren't they 😄

Edited by hocico

Someone said to me today I don't worry about you at all anymore.  I smiled.  I wanted to laugh as I thought I've been here for 3 hours and I couldn't tell you one thing I said or did the whole time.  I really have you fooled don't I?

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, evalynn said:

I saw two butterflies this afternoon. One was solid yellow and another looked kinda big and was yellow and black. Any idea what species they were?

Ok, the yellow and black one must have been a Swallowtail. Image result for yellow and black butterfly

And apparently yellow butterflies are just called...yellow butterflies. 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
approving this with image because it must be going through the gallery - no image is attached by 'choose files'.

23 hours ago, evalynn said:

I saw two butterflies this afternoon. One was solid yellow and another looked kinda big and was yellow and black. Any idea what species they were?

Cloudless Sulphur and Tiger Swallowtail, maybe?  I know next to nothing about butterflies but got curious so I looked at an online butterfly guide 🙂  

Working with these two college age girls. One said working in childcare is enough to keep anyone from having children.

I looked at those two and said" Nope. Just say NO and keep those legs crossed are better ways to not have children."  They were shocked that i would say that.

I laughed  at the stunned looks on their faces.😝