Sign in to follow this  
Lonelystreet

What made you smile today? :)

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

That is fantastic news. Lots made me smile today which considering what today means for me I thought called for celebration.... I'll see how it goes down at work on Tuesday. They did say they'd let me get one more "palm sized" viable tattoo without disciplinary action.

Strictly speaking it is palm sized, and placed. That's making me smile a lot

Why do you love tattoos so much, buddy? XD Don't they hurt?

6 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

Why do you love tattoos so much, buddy? XD Don't they hurt?

Sometimes I half joke that it's a more socially acceptable method of self harm. It is more than that as well, on these new ones and cover ups at least it's part of my healing, I transform the emotional pain into something that I can handle and I get to grow and have another beautiful work of art on me.

They do hurt but it's almost a release of something, and adrenaline as well. It sounds strange but I meditate best being tattooed. After a few minutes it's almost comforting 

5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Sometimes I half joke that it's a more socially acceptable method of self harm. It is more than that as well, on these new ones and cover ups at least it's part of my healing, I transform the emotional pain into something that I can handle and I get to grow and have another beautiful work of art on me.

They do hurt but it's almost a release of something, and adrenaline as well. It sounds strange but I meditate best being tattooed. After a few minutes it's almost comforting 

That's a very interesting yet understanding way to put it honestly. I'll probably think about that if I end up ever getting a tattoo. The way you put it was actually quite nice!

Glad it's comforting for you. I hear things from people about how painful the whole process was for getting their tattoo XD

7 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

That's a very interesting yet understanding way to put it honestly. I'll probably think about that if I end up ever getting a tattoo. The way you put it was actually quite nice!

Glad it's comforting for you. I hear things from people about how painful the whole process was for getting their tattoo XD

Find a good tattooist and make sure you'll love the design for a long time. Covers hurt SO much more and laser removal sucks. (The smell) 🤢🤢

Also the reason for some of them is because they looked cool. I'm looking at my fingers next... some will be very strange 

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Find a good tattooist and make sure you'll love the design for a long time. Covers hurt SO much more and laser removal sucks. (The smell) 🤢🤢

Also the reason for some of them is because they looked cool. I'm looking at my fingers next... some will be very strange 

I have a deep connection to the ideas I have and they're rather simple- I'm just nervous with the process

And your fingers? Jesus dude, I wonder how those will turn out-- I wonder how it'll feel getting them tattooed honestly!

If you're worried about the pain, you can get numbing cream and you can take painkillers every 4 hours. Just make sure you eat and stay hydrated 

9 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

I have a deep connection to the ideas I have and they're rather simple- I'm just nervous with the process

And your fingers? Jesus dude, I wonder how those will turn out-- I wonder how it'll feel getting them tattooed honestly!

Ah, well everyone is different. Plus you can get this fancy numbing cream and painkillers nowadays. 

But the healing and the itching and scabbing, I always forget this is the part I hate until i do it again. 

Fingers no worse than toes, I figure anyway 

Picking up my husband from work and stopping by Wendy's on my way home to get a salad for tomorrow, listening to funny songs in the car. 

Eating chocolate covered coffee beans.

What made me smile today? My 10 month old and 8 year old were playing together and having fun and it made me realize how happy they are despite my mental health issues.

It is Friday!!  2 days with  no spoiled, undisciplined, whiny, bullying children (and adults) 

(I really need to find another job😫😖😌

a slice of pepperoni pizza.  brought it home and decided NOT to eat it right away - hoping that by not eating it I might prolong the feeling of happiness I felt when I first bought it.  didn’t work.

Hearing the news that my friend got elected.

When the little baby stopped crying and started smiling cos I was waving at it 😊

Chatting with people. 

The cutest little dog in the doorway of the house belonging to the biggest, baddest guy on the street.

My cat crouching inside the front door stalking a blackbird in the garden.

A lovely little Robin in the park and a bloke who pulled up alongside me in his car and used hand gestures to say "you go first" out of the parking space. He was very expressive and made me lols.

Edited by Nightjar

There's this little sparrow who likes to stick his beak into my evaporative cooler air conditioner to get water.  Today he [or she] woke me up with constant and loud peeps.  "Peep, peep, peep, peep."  I saw she [or he] was trying to get water out of the air conditioner but to no avail.  So even though it wasn't that hot outside, I turned on the air conditioner and the little critter drank to his [or her] hearts content.  Made me smile.