Hello!  I'm new to this site.  I've struggled with anxiety for most of my adult life and depression for the last few years.  I do currently see a doctor...a couple of doctors actually...who do their best to keep me "level" and I hope to start back into therapy soon.  But there are days when I just need to hear a friendly voice (or in this case, see some friendly words) to get me through.  I've always found writing to be therapeutic as well as helping others so here I am! 

Hello, and welcome! Human emotions are complex, it’s hard to sort through them to determine why we feel the way we do. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety, too, so I understand how you feel. Do you have the time to read? I think you might find this book helpful -- Turning Your Down into Up: A Realistic Plan for Healing from Depression, by Dr. Gregory L. Jantz and Ann McMurray. It’s available through online bookstores. Let me know if you need help finding it.

I'm not sure if you believe in prayer, but I want you to know that I’m going to be praying for you.