Embarrassing question - night sweats

This is a fairly embarrassing question to ask but I've been on 150mg Effexor xl for a month now and my night sweats have got really intense, I won't go into detail but I have noticed that my sweat now smells like sour cream Pringles, hmmm. My diet hasn't changed and I haven't eaten Pringles since before I started my treatment. My question is has anyone noticed the smell of their sweat/personal odour has changed? 

I have had night sweats and a major intolerance to heat, lots of sweating, since a severe case of Legionnaire's almost 8 years ago.  I'm sure being a woman over 50 isn't helping matters any either...lol!

I have been taking an herbal supplement for menopause, black cohosh, that has helped me tremendously at night (although I still find the  need to keep it so cold in my room I can see my breath).  It might be something to try.  We're just getting into the warmer weather now in MN so it's sundresses and flipflops for me until October.

Hope you find something that helps, good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 11:07 AM, 710duchess said:

This is a fairly embarrassing question to ask but I've been on 150mg Effexor xl for a month now and my night sweats have got really intense, I won't go into detail but I have noticed that my sweat now smells like sour cream Pringles, hmmm. My diet hasn't changed and I haven't eaten Pringles since before I started my treatment. My question is has anyone noticed the smell of their sweat/personal odour has changed? 

Hi,

I have had that happen with other drugs. (Change of sweat odor) When I was on effexor it happened for 3 weeks but then it went away.