ever feel like everyone else having good time

whatgoingon

On facebook all u see are photos of groups out drinking/parying etc..i rarely go out these days...

But also when i went out i most often didnt even enjoy it so wouldnt be putting pics on fb etc, i enjoy to sit in and watch a movie but often i feel like im missing out on life by staying home watching movies etc when everyone out getting drunk and having fun..

When I was younger one of the ways I coped was through drinking and smoking, even though I was more of an outcast. Truth be told, I think as long as you're still talking to people they both bring you to the same place, where you get to know more people and find exciting things to do.

I don't think it's really that glamorous to be throwing up drunk on your friends or whatever, it's just something people do when they're younger and thrill-seeking or because they think they'll fit in if they do.

There's an old saying "Comparison is the Thief of Joy". It's a little cliche in the sense that when you go without, it's REALLY hard not to feel envious or left out... but in the end it really is still true. The older I get, the more I look around at people and In many cases I see how much more out of life they may be getting than I. Then I wonder what facet of my personality or my experience or knowledge, or anything that I have that maybe they don't? If you dig deep enough you will find it. We all have fortune in some areas and misfortune in others. In your case, you just seem to have more solitude at this time in your life. Let me tell you, Facebook is a show. It doesn't matter how authentic people try to be, in the end it's no different than any other presentation. Look at an image of people smiling, having fun, partying or whatever, and it's a screenshot of a single experience. How do you know that the fun the person is having isn't going to come to an abrupt halt before they go to bed because they have some flaw or misfortune that you would never know exists because they never show it? I know people that are incredibly happy, yet so stupid and ignorant that I can't imagine being trapped as them, despite being blessed in a way by their own ignorance. Of course you can make some friends and go have fun too, I think it's awesome to have a good time, but try not to make more out of what you're seeing than is actually there. Facebook is a lot like a fantasy for most of it's users. A cess pool of narcissism and arranging. By no means is that ALL it is, but it's easy to get caught up in thinking that everyone's life is a party. Somewhere there is someone pumping margarita's into their gut because they wish they could be home instead of pretending to like the people they're around. 

I stopped going on Fakebook because I got so tired of seeing people's stupid photos.   A lot of FB is all show, it's an illusion.  Many of the people in the photos "having fun" are some of the most boring uninteresting people I know.  If I was with them I would be forced to get drunk myself just to have to deal with them.

I used to be a heavy partier back in the day and I had some good times, but after so long it becomes boring, predictable and routine just like everything else.  Mostly now I stay home a lot and chill in front of the TV and don't feel like I am missing anything, because I am not. 

43 minutes ago, blah whatever said:

I stopped going on Fakebook because I got so tired of seeing people's stupid photos.   A lot of FB is all show, it's an illusion.  Many of the people in the photos "having fun" are some of the most boring uninteresting people I know.  If I was with them I would be forced to get drunk myself just to have to deal with them.

I used to be a heavy partier back in the day and I had some good times, but after so long it becomes boring, predictable and routine just like everything else.  Mostly now I stay home a lot and chill in front of the TV and don't feel like I am missing anything, because I am not. 

Most people don,t have fun they just want to get pictures to out compete each other on social media I went to parties before and half the time it was people sitting around playing with there phones taking pictures to try to make themselfs look as good as possible.The only reason i go is to get free alcohol and food i never really enjoyed myself.I haven,t used facebook in 3 months and i don,t miss it at all.Im to stressed out about things in my life to enjoy myself most of the time and dealing with people when im in a bad mood just puts me in a worse mood.Maybe you could try something else that puts you around people if your bored being at home,like a recreation league for kick ball or something like that,isn,t all about drinking and partying.

9 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

Most people don,t have fun they just want to get pictures to out compete each other on social media

Exactly.  Many people's lives literally revolve around FB, Ig, Twitter, etc, to the point where everything they do is looked at as a "photo op".  But the truth is, very few people care and those that do are usually the wrong people.  Personally I think people post so many selfies on FB to the point where they are actually making themselves look bad and an embarrassment.  But they are too stupid to realize it.  Give some people enough rope and they'll hang themselves with it....

If you are on facebook then the tendacy is always there to compare your life to everyone else and feel that you are missing out,

but just like being single and looking at all those couples and thinking "I was I was happy like them" the reality

is that you just see the happy front that people are putting on and that doesn't always reflect how they actually feel.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 4:47 PM, whatgoingon said:

On facebook all u see are photos of groups out drinking/parying etc..i rarely go out these days...

But also when i went out i most often didnt even enjoy it so wouldnt be putting pics on fb etc, i enjoy to sit in and watch a movie but often i feel like im missing out on life by staying home watching movies etc when everyone out getting drunk and having fun..

I don't go on fb so I can't comment on it but I can only partying which I no longer do but did much of it when I was young. First I partied to be part of the group then because it allowed me to be who I really wasn't; confident, enjoying the time and people and have a good time. But in the morning I again became the person I really was which wasn't the one I became and I didn't like it. Long story short I ended up a bona-fide drug addiction which turned into a terrible life. There's a song that asks "what are you going to do (be) when the party is over", yourself or only what's left over. For us who suffer from mental illness life doesn't apply as to those who don't so the most important thing is have the most mentally stable life that we can. I realize now that I also partied to help deal with my mental illness but that's not the correct way to deal with it. You feel left out because of your MI therefore this is what you must work on.