Sign in to follow this  
shiznit76

how to keep fighting?

how do you guys keep going when suffered for years and every med you have tried or self help resource hasn't helped?

Edited by shiznit76

Hi schiznit76,

Personally how did I survived all the pain, heartache, being badly judge, injustice, betrayed and I could go on and on.  Well! I realized that I could either cry on myself or be a survivor and stand tall which I decided to do.  I will admit that it's far from being easy but... slowly step by step I'm getting there.

One think that really help me going through my struggle is to know that I'm not alone.  I'm new here this is my second post but I took the time to read lots of peoples post and now I see that there is others just like me who are struggling with anxiety and depression.  I guess that I will never be free of my anxiety issues and I will need to keep on fighting my roller coaster emotions but... I look around myself and see others who are fighting diseases or physical handicap.

I also tried many different medication and therapy which didn't really help, the only thing that help me a lot is what I've learned from my father.  Is been through hell in his life and I really mean hell but his strong spiritual believe kept him on going ( perhaps he past his strength as part of my heritage, to me when he died ).  It might be personal on my behalf but I honestly think that what brings a lot of peoples to anxiety and depression is our surrounding and what this world is coming to, there's a lot of madness everywhere. 

I know that all my life I will need to fight back but... I'm up for the challenge.  I used to call myself a victim for all that the suffering I endure so far in my life but now I call myself a SURVIVOR, I guess it sound more positive. 

I try to find a way to feel needed or wanted. If I don't feel that, I'm at my lowest. Feeling wanted or needed is a great feeling even if it isn't for long, it lets me know I have a place in the world.

I think the best thing I did was that I stopped fighting. 

Let's be clear here...  In my mind there is a big difference between 'not fighting' and 'not wanting to live'.  When I exhausted all options, I used to be that way.  Fighting tooth and nail against something that I never had any success beating.  But that was part of the problem. 

I was spending all of my time fighting, and very little of it LIVING

So now, I do the best I can with what I have.  If anything, I've found that depression can be like a Chinese Finger Trap. The harder you pull, the harder it grips. In the end, I can spend every moment of my life 'fighting', or I can live with the cards I've been dealt and try to make the best of a bad situation. 

When people have a terminal illness, they reach a point where they tell the doctors to put 'Do Not Resuscitate' on their charts.  It's not because they're in a rush to die, it's because they've accepted that fighting it won't change anything.  It's not about giving up on life, it's about accepting the life that they have left.

I'm not going to live through life in a constant war that I'll probably never win. But just because I've given up on fighting my depression doesn't mean that I've given up on life. 

49 minutes ago, LadyWolf said:

Hi schiznit76,

Personally how did I survived all the pain, heartache, being badly judge, injustice, betrayed and I could go on and on.  Well! I realized that I could either cry on myself or be a survivor and stand tall which I decided to do.  I will admit that it's far from being easy but... slowly step by step I'm getting there.

One think that really help me going through my struggle is to know that I'm not alone.  I'm new here this is my second post but I took the time to read lots of peoples post and now I see that there is others just like me who are struggling with anxiety and depression.  I guess that I will never be free of my anxiety issues and I will need to keep on fighting my roller coaster emotions but... I look around myself and see others who are fighting diseases or physical handicap.

I also tried many different medication and therapy which didn't really help, the only thing that help me a lot is what I've learned from my father.  Is been through hell in his life and I really mean hell but his strong spiritual believe kept him on going ( perhaps he past his strength as part of my heritage, to me when he died ).  It might be personal on my behalf but I honestly think that what brings a lot of peoples to anxiety and depression is our surrounding and what this world is coming to, there's a lot of madness everywhere. 

I know that all my life I will need to fight back but... I'm up for the challenge.  I used to call myself a victim for all that the suffering I endure so far in my life but now I call myself a SURVIVOR, I guess it sound more positive. 

Funny enough, that's what I do when I see people in wheelchairs or walking with an odd walk, or anything along those lines.

I literally tell myself, "and I'm complaining about life?  Looks at this guy/girl, they're out there, doing whatever they have to do to survive".

This may sound corny and cheesy, but I honestly view those people as heroes.  Not TV/movie celebrities or athletes, the former are a joke and just insanely high paid entertainers.

But yeah, I definitely look at those people are truly strong people.  I'm sure maybe they don't feel like it, but if there's an aspect of their physicality that can be holding them back, it just blows my mind in an amazing way that they're out there doing their thing.

If only it was so easy as to see someone worse off than the way we are and feel better. I have a good home life, decent job, have friends, and yet I am plagued with anxieties and depression due to bad genes. Get's me down