Would I be happier if I didn't have asperger's syndrome?

mark88

I think about this every day, every day of my life and it makes my depression worse. 
If I never had it, would I have friends, would I of had the guts to meet guys, go on dates and fall in love. Would people not be put off by my awkwardness?
I keep hearing that most people with AS stay single for a long time and often never have full time jobs and still live at home.

Im worried that will be me, I know that will be me. 

Because of it, I can't get a new job. I've asked so many people for help this past year and they only offer retail work (which is what im doing now) and I hate it. 

The more I think "Is this as good as it gets" the more I wanna end it all, but I can't do that, I would never do that to my family, but at the same time I don't wanna be depressed for the next 60+ years.

I also have Asperger's and I feel the same way as you, and I know how horrible it can sometimes be to live with that.

But know that more and more people are getting diagnosed with Asperger's, and many in the younger generations have it.

What helped me to live with it is to accept myself for who I am. You are special and there has never been anyone like you before and there never will be.

Living with AS can make it hard for you to get out of your comfort zones but know that if you seek help at a therapy center for people with AS will help you. It might make you get to know other people with the same issues as you, and it will help you to discuss your problems with other people.