Hello! I'm MrHelloKitty and i like you :)

I'm new and i don't know what to say.

I'm nice, cosy and fluffy.

My english is not yet perfect, so don´t be surprised if my sentences sometimes appear a little weird from time to time. :)

You can correct me anytime you want, you can not offend me with this. ;)

My pychiatrist says, i suffer by personality disorder and depression, but i'm not suicidal, i rather try to look positive into the future.

Currently i try to use my free time in a useful way. (work on my psyche and help others with their psyche, if i can).

I think that's enough for now. If you want to know some more informations about me, just ask, i don't bite. :D

Best regards, MrHelloKitty

Edited by MrHelloKitty

Hello, everyone, sorry for not posting anything up till now, I should have introduced myself sooner, I guess... :upside:

I'm really glad I came across this page, it's really comforting to know you're truly not alone and that people from all over the world share similar experiences in struggling with depression.

I'm 27 years old, I teach foreign languages (English and Russian) and I'm currently doing a degree in Psychology. 

I've been struggling with anxiety and depression since 2009 mainly, but it got really bad around the end of 2011 and that's when I decided to seek medical help. I've been on mild antidepressants since, but I haven't always stuck to my medication properly... I used to drink (quite a lot at times) and, as you know, alcohol mixes really badly with meds, so they haven't always been that efficient. Fortunately, I did manage to overcome most of my anxiety issues, but depression has never really left and I partly believe it never will, not entirely. My psychiatric diagnosis is recurrent depressive episode and I guess it's pretty accurate. 

It's been quite bad again, for a while, (this would be one long episode... :cry:) and I'm on new medication now. 

I've also experimented with many types of therapy and I'm in psychoanalysis currently. It's the best one for me so far. 

Well... so this is my experience in a nutshell!

I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and feelings here and getting to know about you all! 

Best, 

Ioana :icon12: