Whole days of sluggish/tired

I switched from Zoloft to Cymbalta earlier this year. I am recently up to 90 mg Cymbalta but had been at 60 and 30 before.

Frequently, maybe once a week or every other week, I have a whole day where i'm totally wiped out and sluggish, even if I slept well, haven't done anything very tiring.  I end up just sleeping all day.  Though sometimes my iron gets a bit low, there's nothing in my bloodwork to suggest that these days are caused by physical conditions.

Does anyone else get this with Cymbalta?

Cymbalta has always had the opposite effect on me, making me more stimulated and wakeful, so I've never personally experienced this.  However, I do know others who have said it makes them extremely sleepy, although it was usually in the start-up weeks.  Since you recently increased the dosage, I don't think it's unreasonable that you might see this as a side effect, but it seems strange that it would hit you for just one day (seemingly randomly).  Maybe monitor how frequently this is happening and see if there is a pattern. For example, does it happen after a few days of high energy and maybe not sleeping so well? It certainly might help to let your Dr. know.  

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I've been on Cymbalta for about 2 months. I was up to 90mg a day, and am now tapering down to get off this drug. I have severe depression, and it definitely makes me feel extremely unmotivated, and not wanting to do anything. Now that I'm tapering down, I'm feeling a bit better. I'm on Lexapro, 20mg and Adderall for ADD. Maybe I'll try something else to replace the Cymbalta, maybe not. I'll see how I feel. 

I hope you feel better and it starts to help you!!