The feeling of being "stuck".

WhyAreWeHere

Perhaps you could slowly but surely try to save up money to get that degree , or try to do some other sort of things to get somewhere in the world. I think what you need to remember is that it takes a lot of trouble to get someone into this "stuck " mindset, happiness will truly begin once someone finally gets out of this mental phase and begins to improve as things go on. What matters is that you try and you try and you try ( to do something productive for yourself, not harming yourself or anything of the like ) to improve, and the lessons you learn will slowly  help you to beat everything. 

Also, it's never too late to start anew on a degree, so don't have any negative thoughts about people who start their college degree late. What matters is that you slowly but surely pave a road towards a better future, and that will eventually become the foundation of your happiness.

It's never too late, never too early. Now is always the right time. Don't spend time chasing the yesterdays you could have had when the tomorrows you'll experience could potentially get better and better over time. 

One day maybe and I would really like to.  But at the moment, not going to happen. I have to start working again to save money to pay off the mortgage that the a--hole left with me on the house.

Oh and it doesn't help that he day traded away a cool million that he inherited and then lost all of it in 2008.

Then maybe I wouldn't feel so stuck if some of that was around...............or if he had at least didn't bother me, let me live the life I'm entitled to live and maybe, just maybe I could have finished school.

Liked your post because you're telling us more about how things are going, and that you're ranting out your worries. That's a big positive step !

I know that it's a bummer that he lost some money. But in the future, you could possibly have more money than that if you made it big. He was overbearing, but he's in the past. Don't think about what could have been , think about how things can be crafted by you into a better future. As long as you keep fighting, you'll eventually win. You get an infinite amount of second chances because you get to give yourself as many fighting chances as possible. 

I do agree that for now , you need to start working.. but don't just work to pay the mortgage, you gotta work to earn the money for that degree. But keep in mind that once you successfully get past this tough phase of your time, things will start getting better. I do agree that he didn't treat you well and that he was overbearing, but he's just a spectre that won't bother you any more.

Now is the future, and you can make it good... so make it good. Also, we're here for you if you need anything. :)

Edited by Hairpy Burpday

On 4/21/2016 at 9:53 PM, Hairpy Burpday said:

Liked your post because you're telling us more about how things are going, and that you're ranting out your worries. That's a big positive step !

I know that it's a bummer that he lost some money. But in the future, you could possibly have more money than that if you made it big. He was overbearing, but he's in the past. Don't think about what could have been , think about how things can be crafted by you into a better future. As long as you keep fighting, you'll eventually win. You get an infinite amount of second chances because you get to give yourself as many fighting chances as possible. 

I do agree that for now , you need to start working.. but don't just work to pay the mortgage, you gotta work to earn the money for that degree. But keep in mind that once you successfully get past this tough phase of your time, things will start getting better. I do agree that he didn't treat you well and that he was overbearing, but he's just a spectre that won't bother you any more.

Now is the future, and you can make it good... so make it good. Also, we're here for you if you need anything. :)

It certainly feels like he's bothering me, having to deal with the mess he kind of left me with.  Going to the house and then looking at the literal mess he left me with me makes me nuts as well.

Trying to sell things on kijiji but not many bites, may have to just rent a dumpster and toss things out, screw it.

Just know that whatever you do, if you move on from it in the right way and know that you can overcome it.. you'll be able to. When there's a will, there's a way... never give up. Tell us how things go because we want it to get better for you. Your suffering's in the past.. once you make peace with it and move on, things will get better. 

Just have faith and keep fighting... I know that if you don't doubt yourself and keep doing the right thing.. then things will start looking up. Ignore the haters, and ignore everyone who tries to put you down. Nothing can stand in your way if you're truly determined , and you'll be able to achieve and throw this "stuck" feeling away. The best thing to do is to surround yourself with a lot of positive influences and sources of motivation that you can go back to whenever you feel down or if there's a worry in your heart... that way you'll always know where to turn to whenever you have a bad day of some sort.

Also, we're here for you too so feel free to talk to us any time! 

Yes.

Feeling stuck is right now a huge part of my life. For one my birthday is coming up very soon and I feel like I am at an age where I should be better at managing my mental health, where I should function better on a day to day basis, and where I should be more 'useful' so to speak then I currently deem myself to be. I get these spurts where I try so hard to reach out and find help but I never quite seem to be able to succeed with that due to things like finances, lack of health insurance, or being handicapped by my own anxiousness or lack of motivation. I always seem to circle back and things never seem to genuinely get any better, and that leaves the impression of just being stuck. I wind up feeling like I don't have any options, and right now I am entirely dependent on my significant other and that alone puts a lot of emphasis on the ideal of feeling like I am stuck. 

So, yes. That is a feeling I certainly relate to. 

I feel trapped more then stuck im broke in debt don,t talk to my dysfunctional family have no friends never had a relationship I keep getting put on all these meds.I literally don,t have the will or energy to do things but wallow in self pity I can barley talk I feel so depressed like all my energy is gone I can,t sleep.Im really low Im poor.I keep asking myself what do I have to live for I can,t even talk to therapists because they want to put me in the hospital after I tell them my suicidal thoughts I told my therapist it won,t help I was already in outpatient for 6 months putting me in more debt won,t help me.I have to do something it is just so hard to be happy while im struggling against everything bymyself I can,t fake being happy enough to even hold conversations.

3 hours ago, scienceguy said:

I feel trapped more then stuck im broke in debt don,t talk to my dysfunctional family have no friends never had a relationship I keep getting put on all these meds.I literally don,t have the will or energy to do things but wallow in self pity I can barley talk I feel so depressed like all my energy is gone I can,t sleep.Im really low Im poor.I keep asking myself what do I have to live for I can,t even talk to therapists because they want to put me in the hospital after I tell them my suicidal thoughts I told my therapist it won,t help I was already in outpatient for 6 months putting me in more debt won,t help me.I have to do something it is just so hard to be happy while im struggling against everything bymyself I can,t fake being happy enough to even hold conversations.

Small steps. It sounds like you're definitely stuck at the moment, but with small steps theres always a way out of it. 
I found excercise to be a great benefit for me when i was in a dark place and wanted to run away from the world. Do something you like, i know its hard sometimes but you have to push yourself and it gets a little easier each time.

I suffer from social anxiety also, which added with depression and general anxiety, is a horrible mix. But i realise that in the darkest of places there is always a better day ahead.
Have you tried meditation, yoga or the Headspace app? I found these were really helpful in helping me out of such a dark place. Listening to guided meditations can create a calmness and a focus that wasn't there before. I sometimes don't feel like doing them, get frustrated at listening to them, but after the 10 or so minutes, i do notice a change. 

Look at possible ways of doing positive things, you don't have to complete them all, but considering your options sometimes opens a few doors that you didn't know existed.

I hope theres a few brighter days for you soon. Please know you are not alone in this :)

4 hours ago, Lonelystreet said:

Small steps. It sounds like you're definitely stuck at the moment, but with small steps theres always a way out of it. 
I found excercise to be a great benefit for me when i was in a dark place and wanted to run away from the world. Do something you like, i know its hard sometimes but you have to push yourself and it gets a little easier each time.

I suffer from social anxiety also, which added with depression and general anxiety, is a horrible mix. But i realise that in the darkest of places there is always a better day ahead.
Have you tried meditation, yoga or the Headspace app? I found these were really helpful in helping me out of such a dark place. Listening to guided meditations can create a calmness and a focus that wasn't there before. I sometimes don't feel like doing them, get frustrated at listening to them, but after the 10 or so minutes, i do notice a change. 

Look at possible ways of doing positive things, you don't have to complete them all, but considering your options sometimes opens a few doors that you didn't know existed.

I hope theres a few brighter days for you soon. Please know you are not alone in this :)

Strangely i feel great right now I haven,t slept for two days and im sure that's contributing to my bad mood i love mediating i did it every day for a year but i fell out of the habit when I started school again.If I get a career and get a decent amount of money my life would be so much better.i don,t have the time or energy to deal with others right now.i talked with my class mates during lab and my day is going good so far.My social anxiety is so sproradic sometimes i have noo social anxiety then other times im so self-conscious i think everything i do is making me look dumb or weird.

Edited by scienceguy

Absolutely.  Relate completely.  Been stuck in the house for over a year.  Can't stand being here, can't stand being out of work.  But the thought of going back to work terrifies me to the point of thinking of a starting date makes me shake with anxiety.  I've been looking for a job since January but find more excuses for not taking what I am offered than taking one.    And I am not lazy.  If I am then so be it, I can accept that.  But I am not which makes it worse.