What happens to us when we die?

duck

What happens to us when we die?

I sort of believe in reincarnation so I think I will be reborn but that is what I learned in this life.  

Anybody have any ideas?  Please post.

I believe our existence definitely continues after we transition through death.  We are spiritual beings in temporary physical shells.

i can't prove that, but I believe it because of my own subjective spiritual experiences, my intuition, and my research.

Reincarnation is certainly plausible, especially if we fail to do good in this life.  (I'm afraid suicide doesn't work and causes us to be returned to do it all again.)

I hope to ascend to a higher spiritual place after death and not return as a human again.  So I'm trying hard to repent for my sins and be a better person.  I've been reading the Bible looking for wisdom.

What do you believe?

Well, we don't know it until we die... We can still believe and hope, though.

I'm spiritual and believe that we are divine, eternal and made of energy (soul/spirit, whatever you want to call it...). 

When we die, we are/still have the same energy in us, just in different form. It's just this physical shell which dies away, but the eternal energy in you never dies.

We all are part of the same energy, showed in different forms. Like a little drop in an ocean.

When we die, we might reincarnate as a human being or then live in different planets or never come back. Who knows? :)

Edited by Wisteria

I was reading an article about the Australian media proprietor, Kerry Packer, last night that said he once died for 8 minutes. When the medics managed to revive him his laconic response was; "I've seen the other side, and believe me, there's nothing there."...

I get to lay in the ground next to grandpa.  I don't believe in an afterlife.  I would love to talk to my grandparents again or my friends that aren't here anymore.  I would give anything to do that.  I just don't believe in it.  I do hope there is a heaven for the people I love that aren't here anymore but I never cared about it for myself.  I do hope they're in paradise right now.

I don't want to upset anyone but I believe that death is the end which pleases me.  I am tired and I don't want to do anything more.  I want to sleep forever.  I will be cremated and returned to the universe from whence I came.  I may fertilize a beautiful wildflower.  That would really please me.  There are family members I never want to see again.  I see no evidence of life after death but I am a realist with a scientific mind.  I have no problem with others beliefs.

The thing is why does life have to be so terrible that we have to care about an afterlife.  Why can't life just be good?  It's not good though.  It's hell.  Whatever created us probably thinks life is good so what can we really expect with an afterlife?  Probably more hell.  Every time I walk across town I see this dog and I think what did he do to deserve to be tied to a tree and treated like a POW his whole life?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2016 at 8:24 AM, One More Red Nightmare said:

I believe our existence definitely continues after we transition through death.  We are spiritual beings in temporary physical shells.

i can't prove that, but I believe it because of my own subjective spiritual experiences, my intuition, and my research.

Reincarnation is certainly plausible, especially if we fail to do good in this life.  (I'm afraid suicide doesn't work and causes us to be returned to do it all again.)

I hope to ascend to a higher spiritual place after death and not return as a human again.  So I'm trying hard to repent for my sins and be a better person.  I've been reading the Bible looking for wisdom.

What do you believe?

@One More Red Nightmare    I agree with you  100%.  Thank you for your response.

On 3/29/2016 at 8:40 AM, Mark250 said:

I was reading an article about the Australian media proprietor, Kerry Packer, last night that said he once died for 8 minutes. When the medics managed to revive him his laconic response was; "I've seen the other side, and believe me, there's nothing there."...

@Mark250    I love Kerry Packer.  I am a huge cricket fan.

Here are a couple of Hinduism terms that correlate with the afterlife:

Maya is a Hindu belief that all of life; our bodies, minds and emotions are only an illusion. Life is cynical not linear. Only Brahman is permanent.

Samsara is the experience of birth, life and death over and over until one has reached true self self-realization.

In reincarnation, people don’t remember previous life stages and your personality is not passed on.

The soul’s journey is not a straight life. It zigzags with the long trend being forward.

Moksha is the liberation from cycle of rebirth.

Main spiritual goal – Is to be liberated from cycle of rebirth (samsara) completely

. Moksha occurs when true self-realization occurs.

15 hours ago, Corbin said:

Here are a couple of Hinduism terms that correlate with the afterlife:

Maya is a Hindu belief that all of life; our bodies, minds and emotions are only an illusion. Life is cynical not linear. Only Brahman is permanent.

Samsara is the experience of birth, life and death over and over until one has reached true self self-realization.

In reincarnation, people don’t remember previous life stages and your personality is not passed on.

The soul’s journey is not a straight life. It zigzags with the long trend being forward.

Moksha is the liberation from cycle of rebirth.

Main spiritual goal – Is to be liberated from cycle of rebirth (samsara) completely

. Moksha occurs when true self-realization occurs.

This is what I believe to i was going to go to a hindu temple I agree with the concept of the brahmin but don,t belive in the other deities.I want to go see a yogi one day I feel like that would help me more then any therapist.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:46 PM, ejc said:

we become part of the earth & the  planet will continue to spin until our galaxy collides with the andromeda Galaxy 

Yes we are the universe just in a different form we literally are just self-conscious stars pretty much and space dust when we look out into the sky we are looking at ourselves.

53 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

This is what I believe to i was going to go to a hindu temple I agree with the concept of the brahmin but don,t belive in the other deities.I want to go see a yogi one day I feel like that would help me more then any therapist.

Yes we are the universe just in a different form we literally are just self-conscious stars pretty much and space dust when we look out into the sky we are looking at ourselves.

that is true ! and we are looking into the past given how long it takes for light to travel .