Sign in to follow this  
kaymichele01

Just started taking Strattera today..

Have any of you had any success with this drug?  I started 10mg today, I'm also on 20mg of Lexapro once a day as well. I'm scared of these medications interacting and causing issues. I've been a little hyper since I took the strattera around 5 this afternoon, I'm starting to come down now (around 8). I didn't notice any increased focus so far, but I know things take time to work into your system. Hopefully the increased hyperactivity will go away after a few days since this isn't a stimulant.

Hi! I've been using Strattera for almost a year and a half. You have to grow used to Strattera, same as you would Lexapro.  Did you start with the daily 25mg dose in a packet of gradual increasing doses?

Here's what I experienced when I first started: Trouble sleeping, bad taste in my mouth and dry mouth. Some loss of appetite and the sensation that stuff I put in my mouth was yucky. I also take Wellbutrin and Remeron, both in their generic forms.

I learned to take the more activating drugs: Wellbutrin & Strattera in the morning, with breakfast. I take the Remeron at night and it helps with sleep.

Thanks to the added Strattera, I can concentrate on tasks more easily, with greater focus. I can read non-fiction books without getting bored and I am 90% more likely to follow through on projects. I feel that I can channel my creativity--I don't have to wait for inspiration--I actively seek inspiration to be able to do my work.

I'm in the beginning stages of starting a business. I was diagnosed with ADHD--Primarily Inattentive Type  a little before I started the Strattera. It's made such a difference in my life. Also, hand in hand with Wellbutrin, I'm starting to get rid of the bitter negativity of, "If only I had had this when I was a teenager, I could be so far along now!"

@kaymichele01 Welcome to the DF and please come back and let us know how you're doing with your meds. This is a great forum for answers and camaraderie :)