Hi, what meds do you guys take for anxiety? I've tried 3 SSRI;s and venlafaxine also propanolol and none have helped much. Heard about pregabalin (lyrica) but think it is difficult to get it prescribed here in UK

I take Seroquel, which is technically an atypical antipsychotic. My anxiety is PTSD-related, which is different than GAD or panic disorder. I take it in two forms: immediate and extended release, both at night.

The immediate release helps me to sleep, and the extended release seems to lower my threshold of excitability or agitation. It also makes my memory a bit harder to access, which lessens triggers. Without it, I can't sleep at all, and my skin feels like there is electricity just under the surface all day. Eventually my muscles ache from being tense all the time. That's how I feel without it, so I'm grateful to have something that works.

I haven't skimmed any other of your posts. What type of anxiety do you have?

Just general, an almost constant anxiety about nothing really, it's horrible. Can go away for couple months, then wham, it's back and can be suffering for weeks of down/anxiety. Getting to the point that I do not know what else I can do

I was on a low dose of zyprexa (atypical antipsychotic) for three years. It did help with the anxiety (which was crippling) but I was quite numb. Still, I'd rather be numb than totally overwhelmed with anxiety. I tapered off last spring. The withdrawal was absolute hell and lasted for three months. Luckily, that real bad anxiety hasn't come back.

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 8:27 AM, shiznit76 said:

Just general, an almost constant anxiety about nothing really, it's horrible. Can go away for couple months, then wham, it's back and can be suffering for weeks of down/anxiety. Getting to the point that I do not know what else I can do

Same here, did you ever get Lyrica? I read its common for it to be prescribed in Europe for GAD