Sign in to follow this  
sober4life

I have bipolar disorder

Every day I feel like superman or in the trash man.  Some days I feel like I can do anything.  Other days I can't get out of bed.  I hate it.  When I'm manic I drink and eat everything in the house and rant and rave about things until I tire out and want to sleep for days.  Then I take the meds that make me feel emotionless or numb.  What's worse?

They are both worse! I am banking that I can find a medicine combo that keeps me out of the trash and out of the sky. I've heard it takes awhile. Hard to be patient. That's where this forum helps. Thanks for a good post!

BPD medications, for the most part, just shave off the peak, not catching you when you fall.  

You know, all I can really say is that give me ****ing freedom to be the real me, who loves people generously at 2:30am, 10% of the time, versus being a socially acceptable robot any day.

And give me a half destroyed friend, like Sober or Cjay, with all her/his flaws, beat to a pulp by life, but 100% genuine, over a computer generated virtual friend any day.

**** you, Conformity.  I'm no longer apologizing for who I am, which is full of rather spectacular kindness and internal music, some of the time, albeit motionless and nearly worthless smoldering ashes, the other times.

I'll be honest.  The low depressed moments are hell.  The high moments are who I want to be.  Those are the moments when I lose a hundred pounds.  I feel like forrest gump to be honest.  When he ran across the world.  That's how I feel when I'm manic.  When I'm depressed I'lm done.