The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread (3)

Lindsay

1 hour ago, salparadise6132 said:

Hang in the SG.  My presentation went very well, although there were supposed to be 60 people but only 20 showed up.  Now, though, I am TOTALLY EXHAUSTED from the days of anticipatory anxiety and the stress of having to perform when I did not feel up to it.

Three more hours to go - ****!

I just did my presentation to and it went well to.I just seem to have random anxiety attacks i was relaxed before going up to do the presentation and when I was speaking but noticed towards the end my head was starting to tremor a bit.i hate when that happens because its happens involuntarily yes it sucks though.i could imagine it being more stressful if its for a job.

41 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

I just did my presentation to and it went well to.I just seem to have random anxiety attacks i was relaxed before going up to do the presentation and when I was speaking but noticed towards the end my head was starting to tremor a bit.i hate when that happens because its happens involuntarily yes it sucks though.i could imagine it being more stressful if its for a job.

No, there is no difference. I went through years of that kind of panic at school and then at work.  I was so happy to have gotten by it.  You can too, believe me, if I did!!!

Yuno... Sometimes I'm amazed at the propensity of life to just dump things on me all at once. In the last ten or so days I've had to deal with a bout of tinnitus that has been keeping me up at night, knots in my back that have come with pain so bad I've been taking six Tylenol with codeine at a time to cope, and neck pain that that has evolved to the point where I'm beginning to lose feeling in my some of my fingers.  (It's a pinched nerve that affects the c8 dermatome - but I have no money for a chiropractor.)  It's also been one of those weeks where I'm getting criticized for everything I say and do.  Maybe the pain and lack of sleep is 'clouding' my logical reasoning. Even today, I did a favor for a friend, but they ended up complaining about it because they had a bad day. 

A few days ago I resurrected the old habit I had of sticking a post-it note to my monitor with the words "SHUT UP" written on it to remind me that the less I say, the better. I think I need to pay closer attention to it.  It's good advice.

It brings me a spark of joy to see that some people do care. But it feels to late, like it's a day late and a dollar short, that maybe if I found this place sooner I would be in a better place. I have already committed social, and emotional suicide there are a few places around town I can't go in anymore, and emotions I feel every few of them now a days. I don't have the strength, or maybe I am to strong to **** myself, but I do wish I could just vanish like dust in the wind.

1 hour ago, LaurynJcat said:

Sorry to hear it, ejc.  I wish there were a "magic pill" too.  (((((((hugs)))))))

1 hour ago, LaurynJcat said:

Sorry to hear it, ejc.  I wish there were a "magic pill" too.  (((((((hugs)))))))

Thank you, getting support helps so much :icon12:

51 minutes ago, zdude954 said:

It brings me a spark of joy to see that some people do care. But it feels to late, like it's a day late and a dollar short, that maybe if I found this place sooner I would be in a better place. I have already committed social, and emotional suicide there are a few places around town I can't go in anymore, and emotions I feel every few of them now a days. I don't have the strength, or maybe I am to strong to **** myself, but I do wish I could just vanish like dust in the wind.

It can, and usually does, turn around zdude!!!  It is not easy, but there are happy days ahead!

7 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

No, there is no difference. I went through years of that kind of panic at school and then at work.  I was so happy to have gotten by it.  You can too, believe me, if I did!!!

how long did it take your anxiety and panic to get better mine seems so erratic one day im fine then the next im like a cat on 10 cups of coffee im 25 and I don,t know what to do once i graduate university I guess try to join a bunch of groups and go out with people from work i feel upset i wasted the opportunities I did when i was between 15 and 23.i didn,t have my car till 23 so i didn,t even try to date at all,now im confident I can get dates and be one on one with people or in small groups but if im in a large group of people or a small group of really loud super extrovert people i either can,t keep up with them then start getting nervous and blank out my personailty is not that bubbly that i can fit in to those situtions,hopefully that changes when i hang around people who are a bit older when i graduate.i find i get most nervous when i don,t want to talk to people and there all happy and friendly and I am just not naturally acting like that because im stressed out over something else so then the whole situation is a down hill sprial from there.

in trying to help someone who posted I ran across the Mental Health Services Reform Act of 2016 and a bill that wants to increase coverage and access to mental health services... the link might get deleted by the moderators but it's worth a shot http://cqrcengage.com/nami/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=202173

i e-signed it. 

felt good putting my name on something. I guess that's how I'm feelin right now. the break in the depression clouds, if at least for a second. 

I want to remind everyone that for every bad day you have, there's going to be a million happy days round the corner. There's no reason to think negatively because If you can make your mind your best ally, then you're going to overcome any mental battle you face. Most of all, don't give in to sadness and remember that all of you deserve to be happy and deserve to stay that way without any exception.

I hope I helped! 

Anxious and hopeless!! The weather is still cloudy and rainy which does not help my mood. I fought with my boyfriend again over not wanting to go out. I can barely get out of bed the last thing I have on my mind is to go out.

I stopped taking one drug like 9 days ago and introduced another one. I feel like I have withdrawal symptoms still and symptoms from starting the new medication which is not fun. I would hope the withdrawal (the drug) would be gone out of my system by now because I was on such a small dosage, but maybe it needs the actual 2 weeks because I react so weird to drugs. I will try and push myself to go out with my boyfriend and our friends, I just feel so awkward. There is nothing more weird than being around people and being unhappy ..Everyone try to have a good weekend.

it's rainy, I'm awake. anxiety hit again. a daily occurrence. the flood of negative thoughts.. well it's ine fixated thought, maybe 2.

like a broken faucet.

20 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

Hugs Wisteria!!!! :console:

14 hours ago, LaurynJcat said:

(((((((Wisteria)))))))  I often feel this way too.  Give yourself a "day off" if possible, where you don't have to do any work.  That might help.

Thank you guys... I can't stop crying...

I haven't posted in a while and just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing.  I haven't been so well physically, but I am getting better.  My colonoscopy showed I have lymphocytic colitis, which has really been a challenge for me.  I'm on a five ingredient diet which seems to be helping, but I had to stop all supplements, antidepressant therapy, and HRT, too.  Anyway, the long and short of it is everything causes me to be sick and until I get my colon calmed down I have to be super careful.

These two diseases don't play well together, but I had no choice.  The meds for one activate the other and I cannot live without being able to keep food in long enough to absorb the nutrients.  I was suffering from magnesium and vitamin d deficiency which was causing me a lot of pain and lethargy.  I took this week off work to get some rest and it has helped.

I think of you all often and hope that everyone finds a way to love life again.  We are some strong people enduring these illnesses.

Had an awesome hike today in Vermont. The trail said "moderate". Ahem. It was more like expert level straight up rock climbing! Oh me oh my. It was hard!  Great view of Stowe Mountain! Worth the strain!

Hugs to all struggling!!!! :hugs:

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, RiverLight said:

Had an awesome hike today in Vermont. The trail said "moderate". Ahem. It was more like expert level straight up rock climbing! Oh me oh my. It was hard!  Great view of Stowe Mountain! Worth the strain!

Hugs to all struggling!!!! :hugs:

image.jpeg

Wish in were there with you. I'd be all over that!!!

im having a crisis im graduating college this week and don,t know *** im doing with myself.I know i better figure out what jobs I want and apply right away.now i have to figure something to do with mylife before I die. i wish people put pressure on me no one does everyone is always ok with the decisions i make in life.other people have others pressuring them i never got that in life. I know its a first world problem but I just wish people would care how i am doing in life good or bad. i want to start acting out to get attention from anyone around me , i know it won,t work though so whats the point i was talking to my therpist about how i figured out that my behaviors I do never get me anywhere. i will miss my therapist .

47 minutes ago, zdude954 said:

How do I feel right now, I feel like jumping off a bridge. But the closest bridge I know is 35 miles away so not going to happen. Instead I am going to lay in bed drink and cry myself to sleep.

Hugs my friend. I'm sorry :( 

33 minutes ago, scienceguy said:

im having a crisis im graduating college this week and don,t know *** im doing with myself.I know i better figure out what jobs I want and apply right away.now i have to figure something to do with mylife before I die. i wish people put pressure on me no one does everyone is always ok with the decisions i make in life.other people have others pressuring them i never got that in life. I know its a first world problem but I just wish people would care how i am doing in life good or bad. i want to start acting out to get attention from anyone around me , i know it won,t work though so whats the point i was talking to my therpist about how i figured out that my behaviors I do never get me anywhere. i will miss my therapist .

Congrats on graduating!  That's a huge accomplishment!

17 hours ago, zdude954 said:

How do I feel right now, I feel like jumping off a bridge. But the closest bridge I know is 35 miles away so not going to happen. Instead I am going to lay in bed drink and cry myself to sleep.

Zdude *hugs* I know how much you've went through, and I really, really want you to allow yourself to be happy and get yourself into meaningful relationships that mean a lot to you... and I promise you that you'll get there one day. Now... you just need to allow yourself to think positive, and IGNORE every bad thing that any other person has said to you. There's absolutely no point for you to think that you don't deserve happiness, but you do. I want you to get into more groups out there where you'll be able to make new friends and eventually perhaps get into relationships with someone and people who will love you and heal your broken heart.

You so do deserve happiness... and nothing can take that away from you, nothing!