The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread (3)

Lindsay

46 minutes ago, LaurynJcat said:

(((((((RiverLight))))))).  Don't worry about all that stuff right now.  Just do your best and then let the chips fall where they may.  I'm sorry to hear about the cover letters - that does sound unreasonable.  I think sometimes these websites hire internationally and you end up getting someone who can't speak English well writing for you.  There are probably lots of examples of good cover letters online - maybe you could use one of those as a model?

Thanks (((((Lauryn))))) there are example cover letters I can use.... WOTL gave me a site actually earlier. I am just too darned lazy to write them myself..... I hate writing cover letters so very much. I think I'm also burnt out since I had to do it for so long not too long ago. Today has been a very frustrating day in terms of the job search. I barely found even one job to apply for all day long. Ugh. This SUCKS. =(

Just randomly discovered Joe Satriani thanks to Pandora... And you know that feeling you get when nobody is in the house except you walking around with headphones on suddenly playing air guitar while having a smile on your face? Well that's been my afternoon. Joe actually plays similarly to what I've been doing recently. I haven't sang on any recordings in a long time and mostly what I've done over the last few years is strictly instrumental stuff. Thing is Joe is a master at guitar and at a level I know I'll never be at but knowing that I can listen to his music and play at least one song of his and jam on it is a good feeling. My friend Eric might actually have either worked with Joe or has met him in the past since they're both in the Los Angeles area. Might ask but I think that'd be a stupid reason to phone him up. Wouldn't be a good enough reason.

5 hours ago, LaurynJcat said:

Cautiously optimistic.  Had a good morning for a change.  Woke up to the postal carrier knocking on my door with a package (from Old Navy) with two new shirts for me. They are cute and, amazingly, both fit.  Made myself oatmeal for breakfast.

I hope some of the transitional effects of changing meds might be wearing off.  I've been dealing with increased anxiety.

I can relate to the cautiously optimistic.  But it seems like you had a pretty good day. Hope your anxiety lessens.

12 hours ago, RiverLight said:

I am depressed. I can't do this..... I fear that I won't be able to get a good job. My confidence in my skills is not high, despite any successes. I am remembering how stressed I was working for a web marketing agency. I was underwater, trying to get a handle on my job. All of my fears are paralyzing me from taking action. To top it off, these writers I've hired to write cover letters for me are doing a terrible job. I don't feel I can even write my own cover letter. In the meantime, time is ticking by. I am stressed. Ugh.

I think you may be underestimating your abilities. Once you start doing something, your skills will get sharp.  I'm thinking of you, RL. Don't let the incompetent cover letter-writers get you down. If you're paying them, they should get it right! Have they taken the time to ask you some questions about the job you really want to be hired for? Does their grammar suck? Spelling? If with spelling and grammar, yes they suck and with the asking and listening for your answers is no, then you can fire them. Plain and simple. You don't need crap like that keeping you down. {{{{RiverLight}}}} :hugs:

1 hour ago, LaurynJcat said:

Unfortunately my difficulty with chores extends to cooking.  How I wish I was motivated to create healthy, creative meals, especially vegan or vegetarian dishes.  What I end up doing is making pasta with sauce from a jar and adding some vegetables, or making frozen pizza, or sometimes rice or potatoes with steamed vegetables and some kind of meat substitute.  Tonight I'm making tuna casserole which is one of the few "recipes" I ever make.  I guess it's good that I manage to cook at all while being depressed, but I wish I liked it.

@LaurynJcat, I know how you feel about cooking. I try not to eat pasta, so it's not an option for me, but it used to be all the time. I feel I have 3 recipes that I rely on: meatloaf (it's okay. oatmeal & ground flax seed are the fillers along with spices, onion and cheese), roast chicken (it's really good), steak made in a cast iron skillet (can be good) and that we live on leftovers the rest of the time. I always try to make a vegetable with these dishes, too often it's just microwaved broccoli or sweet potatoes.  

Mostly, I like having a proper dinner, but I do wish my spouse would make dinner from time to time: think about what to get at the store, get it and then prepare the meal. Oh well. If I cook, he washes the dishes.

I managed to get some energy today to get out of bed.  I answered a call from my insurance and I saw my pdoc.  I went to a Vietnamese restaurant with my sister and we ate dinner.  

Later I went to Starbucks and a book store called Chapters.  I met my friends and I did some home work my therapist had given me.  

I felt sick all weekend.  I had no energy and I felt I was falling back into a deep depression.  I hope not.  

I did some research and emailed a new therapist who supposedly deals with childhood trauma.  My friends tell me I need to fix that before I can be well.  I dunno.  I keep remembering how my mom was verbally and physically abusive to me.  Mom used to tell me several times I am like her father-in-law.    She also told me several times I was like our neighbour whom she hated while she was pregnant with me.  I dunno if anyone can shed some light on this?

Thanks

Edited by duck

12 hours ago, Dolphin2013 said:

I think you may be underestimating your abilities. Once you start doing something, your skills will get sharp.  I'm thinking of you, RL. Don't let the incompetent cover letter-writers get you down. If you're paying them, they should get it right! Have they taken the time to ask you some questions about the job you really want to be hired for? Does their grammar suck? Spelling? If with spelling and grammar, yes they suck and with the asking and listening for your answers is no, then you can fire them. Plain and simple. You don't need crap like that keeping you down. {{{{RiverLight}}}} :hugs:

Thanks Dolphin! You're probably right... I let my fears take over sometimes. Yes, these writers had very poor grammar.... I did get a refund on two, but it's like a store credit instead of a refund, so i have to use the site again. Sigh.

10 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Tired and frustrated.  In one week my cat has been sick to the tune of $900, the fuel line in my car went ($1,850) and now today I had a flat and have to replace all my tires ($350).  All money I haven't got.

Stop the ride please, I want off.

((((((((Brian))))))) I'm so sorry! That is extremely frustrating! UGH.

5 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Tired and frustrated.  In one week my cat has been sick to the tune of $900, the fuel line in my car went ($1,850) and now today I had a flat and have to replace all my tires ($350).  All money I haven't got.

Stop the ride please, I want off.

It really sucks that we all have to live as slaves to money.  It creates such stress and insecurity.  Were human beings really meant to live this way?

Edited by One More Red Nightmare

No they weren't meant to live that way.  I myself have never cared about money.  If I won the lottery I would use most of it to help people.  I would go to children's hospitals and spend it all on helping sick kids that can't afford treatment.  Every single cent would go to that.

18 hours ago, LaurynJcat said:

(((((((Wisteria))))))) Not being able to sleep is the worst.  Remember that a racing heart normally can't harm you (if you have any worries about this, go to your doctor and get your heart tested).  I hope you have better sleep tomorrow.

Thank you Lauryn!! :hugs: I felt so tired yesterday to almost throw up, nauseous and dizzy because of it. >< 

13 hours ago, LaurynJcat said:

Unfortunately my difficulty with chores extends to cooking.  How I wish I was motivated to create healthy, creative meals, especially vegan or vegetarian dishes.  What I end up doing is making pasta with sauce from a jar and adding some vegetables, or making frozen pizza, or sometimes rice or potatoes with steamed vegetables and some kind of meat substitute.  Tonight I'm making tuna casserole which is one of the few "recipes" I ever make.  I guess it's good that I manage to cook at all while being depressed, but I wish I liked it.

I'm the same! I wish I could do all these healthy & yummy vegetarian meals but depression always ruins it. :/

38 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I feel so alone.

Me too. :hugs: for you!

Im losing my mind from college i have barley slept in two days im running on caffeine and Adderall,im so worried about my chemistry exam a i have my presentation to do i keep forgetting to eat.i have to stay up another night then the day after that i have to do the same thing.

Caffeine and Adderall will take your appetite away.  It's like being on illegal drug all the time.  You feel like the energizer bunny all day long.  You do forget to eat.  You forget everything.  You get lost in manic mode.  I feel for you man.  When I was in college I flunked out.  Please don't be like me.  You can do it.  You have my full support!