Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread (3)

1 hour ago, RiverLight said:

Well, it's 8 AM and I have sent all four thank you letters off to my interviewers at Velcro. Now my work is officially done, and I have to sit back until Monday to see if they offer me the job. I pray that they do, otherwise, I will need to return to my God awful boss and job....... UGH. That is not a pleasant thought whatsoever. :/

@RiverLightYay big time! and wow! that's productive, getting all those out by 8 am!

I attended a free webinar on Tuesday, that I thought was going to be really down to earth and full of information. It was only to say that attendees would only get real value if they went to a weekend seminar costing over $2K.  Oh give me a break. Now I know. That was one hour of my life wasted. Well there was good info in it too, but ultimately it got me to question what I'm doing. Which is a good thing in some ways. I've sort of been asking the Universe to help me find an answer and maybe this was the answer. There was a free 2nd part to this webinar yesterday, but I decided I'd heard enough.

I drove my husband to the airport at 5:30am. I came home, ate a little breakfast and napped for an hour and now although I'm feeling a little fuzzy-headed, I'm feeling more purposeful than I have in a long time. I am NOT going to mope over his absence and his recent illness.

Edited by Dolphin2013
a little editing...

Thanks Dolphin!!!! =)

Wooohoooooo!!!! :Coopyahoo:Julie, the hiring manager, just wrote back saying the team really enjoyed meeting me! I have a good feeling about this job..... I think I may be offered the role! I don't want to speak too soon, but I am taking her note as a positive sign!!!

Edited by RiverLight

Ok, waiting sucks. If I were working right now, at least I'd have a distraction. Four days to hear an answer seems like forever right now. Thank goodness I have weekend plans to keep me busy. Just need to get through today and tomorrow.... I'm going a little bit nuts right now!! UGH.

Edited by RiverLight

@LaurynJcat

Hello ? 

Seriously, all I can think about right now is sleep and pie. Maybe sleeping while I eat pie. Maybe sleeping with a pie under my pillow. Maybe just dreaming of pie... The possibilities are endless here, but I'm convinced these are the keys to at least momentary happiness.

Right now, I feel like my mental health is at a stand still. As if, any attempts to better myself fall back around to this. An endless loop with no real tangible progression to speak of. 

14 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Ummmmmm Pie!

Favorite pie?

Mine is strawberry rhubarb... Or (and this one sounds very complicated, but it's wonderful!) brown butter apple custard pie. Mmmm! 

1 hour ago, One More Red Nightmare said:

Cherry crumb pie. :)  Mmm-mm-mm.

Of course!!!!!!!!!! I remember being addicted to the next best thing which was a cherry tart from second cup...but that was 20 years ago and I don't think they ell them anymore.

Edited by Natasha1

4 hours ago, One More Red Nightmare said:

Cherry crumb pie. :)  Mmm-mm-mm.

I never liked cherry pie, until I had one that was done perfectly... Cherries soft and sweet, crumbly topping.... I was in heaven! 

1 hour ago, Abandonedalways said:

Pecan or rhubarb pie is my jam. With a slice of cheese. Like my best friends grandpa always saId, "pie without cheese, is like a hug without a squeeze!"

I want to like this more than once! ?

3 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Battling tendinopathy, bed bugs, depression, anxiety and panic attacks.  Struggling to keep my head above the water. 

So sorry you're having a rough time. Just remember that each of us will live through the worst day of our life and awaken to a new day. You're kind and strong. I have faith in your ability to get through it.

Peace

I'm feeling weird. A guy totally road raged on me tonight - really erratic and violent driving and yelling at me out the window, etc... I let him pass me and then he slowed down and sped up and slowed down - all the while yelling at me. I exited the road at my first opportunity. Anyone acting like that isn't reasonable. Best to just let it go. 

Here's the weird part, though. When I got home, I looked at my dash cam footage and, honestly, I can't figure out what I did to offend him. I didn't cut him off. I wasn't speeding or going too slow. I was a poster child for defensive driving. Heck, he was behind me for 2 traffic lights and he was driving just fine - no aggression what-so-ever. Then, all of a sudden he snapped and turned into Captain Asshat. He seemed to get more and more angry the more I didn't get angry back at him!

If I had done something wrong, then mea culpa, I could understand him flipping out on me. Not that it's right to flip out on somebody but I could understand the trigger. But I didn't do anything wrong. It almost feels like he just wanted to pick a fight with me.

It's OK to feel weird about something like that, right? I mean, that's weird.

Peace