Jump to content

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread (3)


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

I've accepted the past. I just wish some type of treatment would work for the future. That way I can live a better future than my past. I am hanging in there and I am thinking of everyone struggling with the same issues.

I am too tired to get out of bed, and leave the house. I really have no desire to see anyone. I just ordered some Thai food in hopes of making me feel better. It's my favorite food so that might help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like shamelessly self promoting myself today. The great carnival barker, "Step right up!!! See the amazing depressing man!!! Step right up!!! Watch him waste away in the corner of a glass vessel. Where is he going? No where!!!"

 

Hrmmm. Hope ya'll have a good day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am frustrated with myself today. I am tired and struggling to focus on my studies. I have a lot of nervous energy around my upcoming final interviews for which I need to prep. I need to just sit myself down and focus on the questions they may ask, but I am nervous. My brain isn't working well either. I need more coffee, though that probably won't help my nervousness.

My course is a little overwhelming too. It is directly applicable for this interview and role, but I have no idea how to frame it to them. A part of me feels like just winging it, but I know that will make me more nervous if I don't prepare. I am dragging my heels on prepping... maybe because it's still a full week away.

Wish I could just bypass the interviews and get hired already. I am so sick of waiting for this to happen. :/  I want to say to the hiring manager, "Look, I am awesome. I will do a tremendous job for your company. Let's skip the interview and just hire me". "Oh and give me a 40K raise too". LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well...crap. The political shell game has disappointed me once again. My girlfriend is having surgery for cancer today. I also just found out that another friend got tossed in prison (I have no clue as to why).

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates. No matter which one you choose, it will have a nasty turd inside".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates. No matter which one you choose, it will have a nasty turd inside".

:laugh:

Thanks for the laugh, JD.  I needed that. 

I hope your girlfriend gets through her surgery with no complications and can rest comfortably afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The paranoia is getting really bad this time. I don't see my psychiatrist until June 30. How am I going to hold on until then? And al of the concerts and recitals coming up. Thank God I didn't volunteer for the District Girl Guide camp this weekend. I would have been screwed!!!!

I'm so close to panick attacks because of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Pdoc is leaving for another job so I'll be getting a new one.

I'm not necessarily bummed by that.

In spite of all the crap that's been thrown at me over the past few weeks, I'm feeling strangely...OK this afternoon. I heard from a fellow member of this forum and it made my day.

Edited by JD4010
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

My Pdoc is leaving for another job so I'll be getting a new one.

I'm not necessarily bummed by that.

In spite of all the crap that's been thrown at me over the past few weeks, I'm feeling strangely...OK this afternoon. I heard from a fellow member of this forum and it made my day.

DF members are amazing aren't they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian, I am sorry your cat is peeing on you.. though you're right, you gotta laugh on that one.

I am officially burnt out from interview prep today. I overdid it and my brain is fried. I'm on a webinar right now and am barely listening. Hope this doesn't mean I'll be too burnt out tomorrow to keep prepping..... I feel there's so much to prep for!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RiverLight said:

Brian, I am sorry your cat is peeing on you.. though you're right, you gotta laugh on that one.

I am officially burnt out from interview prep today. I overdid it and my brain is fried. I'm on a webinar right now and am barely listening. Hope this doesn't mean I'll be too burnt out tomorrow to keep prepping..... I feel there's so much to prep for!

i hate that about interviews

hugs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Natasha1 said:

The paranoia is getting really bad this time. I don't see my psychiatrist until June 30. How am I going to hold on until then? And al of the concerts and recitals coming up. Thank God I didn't volunteer for the District Girl Guide camp this weekend. I would have been screwed!!!!

I'm so close to panick attacks because of this.

It will likely subside, won't it Natasha?  How long does it usually last.  Remember, we are not always going to feel how we feel now.  Wishing you the best.  And yes, my cat peeing on me is kind of funny :)  You just have to laugh at some things!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RiverLight said:

Brian, I am sorry your cat is peeing on you.. though you're right, you gotta laugh on that one.

I am officially burnt out from interview prep today. I overdid it and my brain is fried. I'm on a webinar right now and am barely listening. Hope this doesn't mean I'll be too burnt out tomorrow to keep prepping..... I feel there's so much to prep for!

Relax Riv, deep breaths.  Just do what you can do!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

It will likely subside, won't it Natasha?  How long does it usually last.  Remember, we are not always going to feel how we feel now.  Wishing you the best.  And yes, my cat peeing on me is kind of funny :)  You just have to laugh at some things!!!!

it will, it always does. this time its bad though. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, salparadise6132 said:

Relax Riv, deep breaths.  Just do what you can do!!!!

YEP. You said it, Brian. I just logged out of my webinar early. I can't take anymore learning for today. There's only so much one can achieve in one day! :hugs:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...