Sign in to follow this  
schwanke

Sexual Anhedonia

Hi guys,

So I started feeling anhedonia a few weeks ago after prolonged chronic stress and anxiety. Soon after I had a feeling of sexual anhedonia. Got my blood checked and have really low testosterone. Anyone have this experience and does it improve? Thanks.

Do you mean you just have low libido or..? People with full on sexual anhedonia feel very little or literally nothing from orgasms. Most people with anhedonia have diminished libido. Was you offered TRT? 

Up until last 2 weeks ago I was able to orgasm and feel good. Now I feel nothing. However, I did get my blood taken and my testosterone was super low so might consider TRT.

Sorry this has happened. There's a guy on YouTube called 'bignoknow' who has many vids on his TRT therapy. He also had very low testosterone and TRT helped him come out a severe depression. 

Sorry this has happened. There's a guy on YouTube called 'bignoknow' who has many vids on his TRT therapy. He also had very low testosterone and TRT helped him come out a severe depression. 

Low testosterone can definitely mimic major depression, especially decreased libido. As lanar stated there is a big difference between low libido, anorgasmia, and pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder (sexual anhedonia.) You really need to sit down and analyze if its just related to orgasms or to all pleasurable experiences.

If only been two weeks I wouldn't panic, quite number of us have been dealing with several years of this curse. Could be a temporary stress reaction. Do you have also have other "mental disorders?"  Contrary to common belief, anhedonia can be comorbid with several "conditions" (and as a few of us believe can be stand alone.) Have you by chance recently started a SSRI?

Definitely get treatment for the testosterone. Also be evaluated for high prolactin levels. Rule out physical causes before move to the pesky brain.