Should I leave things as they are?

Hazzy

Been in therapy for over a year and now understand I suffer from PTSD due to childhood trauma. I'm currently on Citalopram 20mg for over a month now, but just had an intense derealazation/dissociation episode that lasted a week. I'm at a loss as to whether I should up the Cit or switch to Zoloft since Zoloft is FDA approved for PTSD. OR I'm wondering if I should leave things as they are. I'm at the point where I just don't want anymore bad days, and I'm afraid of what upping switching medication will do. I feel like I should cherish the good days and deal with bad as they come.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Hi Hazzy,

Sorry this happened to you!  How awful!  I wish I had some good advice to give you but I really don't know what to say.  Sorry.  My mind can't figure our what the right thing to do would be in the circumstances you describe.    I do hope things improve for you and not deteriorate!  It is so difficult to know what to do sometimes and scary too.

Sincerely, Epictetus

For myself, I have been on Celexa (citalopram) for a few years, and I am thinking of going back to Zoloft. Zoloft worked wonders for me for many years. In my case, the sex was actually better. I think the only reason I went off was some weight gain. I know most people come on here to talk about side effects, but I would like to say mine were almost nil except for the occasional insomnia on Zoloft. Celexa 40 mg affected sex some, and the 20 mg works, definitely not depressed, but I don't feel as happy as I remember being on Zoloft

Edited by KnotHear

Thank you to everyone who has replied!

After talking with my provider we have decided to up the Citalopram for now. I will do 30mg for two weeks and then go up to 40mg, I hope this helps. If not we will try another medication. 

Here's to hoping 40mg is my special number :)