is cymbalta good for depression ?

Detour12

Hi these 4 months have been rough for me. i had to stay away from my friend ,not talking to him only waving. the teacher told me and i took this hard ,i cired about 30 mins and could't stop crying. then i had throughts i just wanted to die and not live anymore. i was on zoloft at the time and it did not help with this and the doctor up it and it worked for a little bit and the dcotor then change it to effctor. which is the worst medication i told in my life! but my friend does still wave to me when i wave to him and he sometiems waves first. but i can no longer deal with the pain anymore. i just want to cry. Like today at work my boss did not need me today i felt dissapointed. i wanted to cry. And today i felt like my friend was trying  avoid me ,but he did wave without reallying looking at me. i just feeling like crying. i am thinking about asking my doctor again but cymabalta. is cymbalta worth it ?
I am not deal with this pain anymore

Keep trying a medication until it works for you. Cymbalta is definitely good for depression. Effexor also did not work for myself at all, but everyone has different brain chemistry and receptors. Celexa and Lexapro are other very popular drugs similar to the chemistry of Zoloft, so those might work for you if you had some success with Zoloft. Even the old tried and tested Prozak works wonders for depression. If you have the money, go see a psychologist. They can talk you through your personal issues. Drugs and talking with someone about your issues has been proven to work better than drugs alone.

Edited by KnotHear

26 minutes ago, KnotHear said:

Keep trying a medication until it works for you. Cymbalta is definitely good for depression. Effexor also did not work for myself at all, but everyone has different brain chemistry and receptors. Celexa and Lexapro are other very popular drugs similar to the chemistry of Zoloft, so those might work for you if you had some success with Zoloft. Even the old tried and tested Prozak works wonders for depression. If you have the money, go see a psychologist. They can talk you through your personal issues. Drugs and talking with someone about your issues has been proven to work better than drugs alone.

Hi I am in the works of getting one but i am wanting to try cymbalta 

but is cymbalta covered my insure ?

my doctor said it is not usally covered

Cymbalta now has a generic, so it should be covered. Call them, they will be able to tell you what you will pay. You can also usually find if it is covered online. Search for the words "drug formulary" and your insurance company. Drugs are listed in tiers and higher tiers have higher co-pays. My insurance lists Cymbalta as being in the lowest tier, so it has the lowest co-pay.

32 minutes ago, KnotHear said:

Cymbalta now has a generic, so it should be covered. Call them, they will be able to tell you what you will pay. You can also usually find if it is covered online. Search for the words "drug formulary" and your insurance company. Drugs are listed in tiers and higher tiers have higher co-pays. My insurance lists Cymbalta as being in the lowest tier, so it has the lowest co-pay.

Hi i have mass heath and blue cross of FL 

i hope it is covered 

• 1 month later...