What Are You Doing? (9)

Lindsay

On 06/17/2016 at 11:58 PM, SpiralingMind said:

looking for cheap recipes on Pinteret.

I love Pinterest!

I'm at work today, which isn't bad because the A/C is nice and cold. It's 92 and very humid outside. I was reading earlier today and sweat was rolling down my back. I thought, "enough of this crap" and headed to the office.

Trying to digest and expel something my mother just said to me.  How old am I?  How old is she?  I thought we'd both learned it's best NOT to push each others' buttons.  Also thought we'd been down the road of my adolescence and closed it forever, but apparently not. 

I suspect she's feeling sad and powerless about the emotional loss of a son and smearing it in every direction.  Patience and empathy are sometimes difficult to rouse. 

Cake Wars (a show on Food Network in the US) is playing in the background. They're making Charlie Brown themed cakes. My mind is ruminating and I'm suprised at being awake still given how sleepy I've been for the last couple hours.

I just got done shaving my legs...in my room. 

My bathroom, 2nd bedroom and microwave have no electricity going to them, because a faulty outlet keeps tripping the breaker.  Until I can have the outlet replaced, that's the situation.  (I'm good at DIY stuff, but I'm not going to try to mess with an electrical outlet.)