What Really Bugs You (7)

Lindsay

On 9/18/2017 at 3:07 PM, DarkRain said:

Helicopter parents.

I hear you, darkrain.  As a parent, it bothers me to see it because I know from experience how much it can actually cripple kids when the parents are not able to let go and let them learn - and fail, and fall, and go 'oops' - because helicopter parents can't seem to separate themselves from their children.  What do you think?

51 minutes ago, KidSurvivor2011 said:

I really bug myself. Why am I so stupid and worthless?

- KS

Well you arent those things. Do you realize how many times you help me with sound judgements when i am having a rough time with decisions?

Hugs...as many as you would like.

On 9/23/2017 at 7:50 AM, Natasha1 said:

Well you arent those things. Do you realize how many times you help me with sound judgements when i am having a rough time with decisions?

Hugs...as many as you would like.

I agree... don't believe the horrible things that depression whispers in your ear, KS.  You are compassionate, even-handed, and Natasha is right about your sound judgments.   :console:

[Warning rant ahead....]

When adult co-workers act like 6 year olds and try to give you the 'silent treatment' because they're mad that you did or didn't do something. 

A) I'm actually relieved that I don't have to talk to you, thank you for your silence

B) Grow the heck up and USE YOUR WORDS!!

For God's sake, my teenager is more mature than you!!!!

[end rant, thank you. ]

This one lady at one of my worksites she's not my boss but I have to make sure my sites are happy so I guess she kind of is like a boss in a way. Well lately she's been on my case doing random little checks on me and yesterday she asked if I was leaving when she saw me in the hallway at like 2pm I was like no? Like honestly do u think I just leave work two hours early I never leave early I usually stay late and also like seriously if I leave early I always let my actual boss know !  Then she asks me how can I know what work u accomplish in a day? Like I'm not sending you emails every day about what I did or didn't do??!! Also read your email u will see I'm obviously working since I constantly send you questions or updates that you never reply to .

People who recognize me, sadly because of my brother's death and want to talk. I know that most are being nice but I don't like talking about it. In the rare instance that I go to palm Springs and go to a restaurant people insist on picking up the tab and though I'm very grateful I just want to eat and be left alone. That's what bugs me immensely. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 11:18 AM, Nisemono said:

American English. I've never been sure what a zucchini is. It's a courgette! We invented the language so we're right. Bangs means a fringe. How does the word 'bangs' make that clearer? Those bangs though. What are you talking about? Football in America is a game mostly payed with your hands. Health and safety rugby as it's known over here. Bumbags are fanny packs. Fanny doesn't mean quite the same thing over here. A fanny pack sounds like something a drug mule would use. Oh and according to this website you say bias-ply rather than cross-ply. You barbarians! (I have no idea what either words mean. Something to do with wood I think.) Also according to this website a market garden is a truck farm in America. I'm not completely sure what a market garden is but trucks don't grow on farms, they're raised in factories by elves. Duh! And you spell words like colour wrong. Sure that's probably a more accurate way to represent how the word sounds (colo-ur?) but it's not English. We were here first! We used to have an empire you know. And what does covfefe mean? This is the land of Shakespeare and Piers Morgan, we're the guardians of the English language and you should know that you're doing it wrong.

Whatever you do, do not try to unravel the eggplant conundrum.

Child family services/child protection services! I just hate them. Working for them ruined my life and now I have to communicate with them about certain clients and they are so damn awful. Robot lady worker today told me (about a family I’m trying to help) “oh them? It’s *just* poverty. There’s nothing I can do to help them”.  Nice. And actually there is a solution to poverty.