Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

How Is Your Weather Today? (16)

12 hours ago, evalynn said:

68 and overcast; we had a severe storm warning but all it has amounted to is some wind and rain and a little lightning.

Weather in NYC is cold, windy and especially gray. What an incredible recipe for AWFUL! Totally missing the warm and sunny weather in Florida right now! Granted, the summers were pretty brutal in Tampa, however, i would give anything to be back there now!

30 minutes ago, BobbyJB said:

Weather in NYC is cold, windy and especially gray. What an incredible recipe for AWFUL! Totally missing the warm and sunny weather in Florida right now! Granted, the summers were pretty brutal in Tampa, however, i would give anything to be back there now!

I used to live outside NYC in Connecticut, and now I live across the bridge from Tampa in Clearwater. I like the winters here, but I miss the Falls there.

18 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I used to live outside NYC in Connecticut, and now I live across the bridge from Tampa in Clearwater. I like the winters here, but I miss the Falls there.

I agree, it was an adjustment when I first moved to Tampa from NYC, regarding the lack of seasons. I will say this, I initially left because I was soooo sick of snow, having been around it my entire life. I grew up in Ohio, right on Lake Erie - so, we were constantly crushed with frigid cold and "lake effect snow". I then spent close to 10 years here in NYC and was once again, completed exhausted of the cold and snow. Now that I am back in NYC I am really missing Florida (BEACHES!!!), on many levels. One in particular, the peace, quiet and the calming effect of sitting outside in warm weather while enjoying the sound of nature. I really took that for granted, while I was down there. 

I am not too familiar with Clearwater, however, because of work - I may be moving back, probably to the South Tampa area.

I am officially going to block you since you are in Florida and enjoying the warm weather! Hahaha!

ALSO: It is venti iced cold brew weather year-round down there!!! MY FAVORITE DRINK!

Edited by BobbyJB

About 40 degrees F, probably will rain. I have to decide whether to take a rather long walk to the supermarket and back, or wait until tomorrow or Wednesday when it should be cleared up.   

39F, cloudy, and a little foggy.  Here's the forecast for Tuesday night:

Rain and snow showers before midnight, then rain showers, snow showers, and sleet between midnight and 5am, then snow showers after 5am. Low around 32. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Fun times.