Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

How Is Your Weather Today? (16)

So today it's been snowing and it's very beautiful.  I saw the waxing moon go in and out of the most beautiful blueish greyish haze.  I just stood there watching it.  At times, it looked like a crescent due to the clouds, but it's not, it's bigger, will be a full moon again soon.  It's 0 C and snowing, a perfect day. 

18 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

sane here...ive shovelled twice!! :) i love it though. even shovelling

I enjoy shovelling too.  Once is plenty for me . . .

The lawns are totally covered but not the sidewalks/roads which are icy

13 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

I know y'all are going to think I'm silly, but I envy everyone who's getting snow.  ❄️☃️

It was sunny here in the Deep South today, and right now it's 64°

man you can still practically have pepper plants going!

13 hours ago, gs22 said:

-6 C and cloudy, we're totally snow-covered.  Oh, it's going down to -20 C this week, oh . . . the moon is almost full, just a little piece missing

I can't even imagine what that feels like! In college, we took a trip to Montreal in January, and that's the coldest I've ever been. You Canadians are stronger than I.

16 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I can't even imagine what that feels like! In college, we took a trip to Montreal in January, and that's the coldest I've ever been. You Canadians are stronger than I.

Well, I've lived here my whole life.  It's not as cold as it used to be.  I remember waiting at bus stops to go to school as a kid, and it was -20 to -33, but in January/February, not including the windchill. 

I honestly don't know that I could handle a warmer climate for more than a two-week vacation.:emoticon-0141-whew:

4 minutes ago, gs22 said:

Well, I've lived here my whole life.  It's not as cold as it used to be.  I remember waiting at bus stops to go to school as a kid, and it was -20 to -33, but in January/February, not including the windchill. 

I honestly don't know that I could handle a warmer climate for more than a two-week vacation.:emoticon-0141-whew:

It's funny how your body can adjust to climate. I was born and raised in Connecticut, where we had cold winters, and though I've never liked the cold I was used to it that time of year. Now after a decade in Florida, 60 degrees and lower feels cold to me. That used to be springtime to me! One thing I don't think I'll ever get used to is the insufferable humidity we get in Florida summers. I've always heard dry heat is more comfortable; maybe I'll get to the desert one day to find out.

1 hour ago, gs22 said:

Winters in my childhood were colder too. And yes, going to school when it was something between -25 and -35 Celsius :cold: at least we didn't need to go our for recess when it was that cold.

minus 17 this morning. not sure of current temperature. but its beautifully sunny out now. the way it shines on the snow. and oh at night the moon too. you can almost see outside like daylight!!!