Emotional Suppression

TheDuke

I've come to the conclusion that I've been rationalizing away my emotions. I am naturally very rational and can easily see the flawed logic behind my emotions.

I feel a lot of the time like my emotions are like a 3 year old baby screaming in the backseat of my car and I'm the adult driver. I know we need to get somewhere in time, and I know exactly the most strategic way to get there - but oh wait the baby in the backseat (my emotions) wants to stop for ice cream. My regular strategy has been to just ignore the increasingly loud scream from the backseat and just drive efficiently and it does yield the best results, but I just can't ignore the emotions anymore.

I'm starting to realize I need to take care of my emotions even if this means getting form point A to point B slower. I just can't ignore them anymore. Can anyone relate?

I've come to the conclusion that I've been rationalizing away my emotions. I am naturally very rational and can easily see the flawed logic behind my emotions.

I feel a lot of the time like my emotions are like a 3 year old baby screaming in the backseat of my car and I'm the adult driver. I know we need to get somewhere in time, and I know exactly the most strategic way to get there - but oh wait the baby in the backseat (my emotions) wants to stop for ice cream. My regular strategy has been to just ignore the increasingly loud scream from the backseat and just drive efficiently and it does yield the best results, but I just can't ignore the emotions anymore.

I'm starting to realize I need to take care of my emotions even if this means getting form point A to point B slower. I just can't ignore them anymore. Can anyone relate?

I relate!

Emotions are irrational. Depression is irrational. Happiness & sadness are irrational.

I am nothing but ration. I think logically, I operate logically. I suppress emotions.

Doesn't make for a good outcome, I can tell you that.

So, rationally, I should not ignore emotions because doing so makes me depressed. But emotions are not rational. So I should ignore them.

*Does not compute*!

Yes, I can related.