How Long Have You Been On Medication?

HRiddle

How long have you been on medication?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been on medication?

• less than 1 year
    • 1-3 years
    • 4-7 years
    • 8-10 years
    • more than 10 years

Hi, I'm just wondering because I've been on meds for 5 years and my p still doesn't take me off. Actually he's already the third or fourth p I've had but he that's what he says. I don't mind too much because it really does help, but sometimes I wonder how long it will still take, and if it will take forever (which is what one of the p's told me). The thought seems scary.

In my life time, I've been on medications for something like 11 years.  There was never an anti depressant that really worked for me.  I moved onto mood stabilizers and anti psychotics.  I've have been on combinations that seemed to help.  I've also been on ones that made me drool on myself, don't like that.  I think for medication to help, you also have to be personally trying to work through it.  I've never lived correctly, so I don't think the medications ever got a fair shot with me.

I've only been on an AD for depression and anxiety for a month.  I'm lucky in that I get help about a month into my depression.  Most people don't seek help for years.  My family physician new what was going on with me and was treating me for insomnia and he new about all of my other medical problems and a really stressful situation at work.  He brought up that maybe an anti-depressant would take the edge off the anxiety and also help me sleep.  I'm so glad he mentioned AD's because that was the only prodding I needed to ask him for something stronger and told him how much I had been crying, etc.

I think I probably could have used some medication for anxiety for a few years now but I just kept it all bottled up and never really thought about how stressed I was.  These forums have been awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...