Elliott - "Speed of Film"

Flash forms of skin and ink are marvels of the new world
This time it's not your timing

Trust the moving colors, trust the random actions
This normal life, it's not so simple
Gate our conversation from their armored rumors
This normal life is not so simple

Slow Hands - Interpol

College era nostalgia for me. I just love this song.

Yeah, but nobody searches
Nobody cares somehow
When the loving that you've wasted
Comes raining from a hapless cloud
And I might stop and look upon your face
Disappear in the sweet, sweet gaze
See the living that surrounds me
Dissipate in a violet blaze
Can't you see what you've done to my heart
And soul?
This is a wasteland now

a playlist on my old iPod called "fell in love and lost my mind." The current song is, Ella Fitzgerald, accompanied by Joe Pass, "The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else." Their rendition is pure jaunty joy!

Oh, wow, I see there are some fans of the same music as I like here... my tastes can be pretty diverse.

Right now, and since probably May of last year when a song of theirs drifted by on an internet radio station, I've been listening almost exclusively to Slipknot, which lead me to discover Stone Sour, which lead me to discover Corey Taylor. And I've been listening to them almost exclusively.

Anyone else heard of/into that trio?

I had heard my first Slipknot song, Psychosocial, a long time ago, and really liked the sound of it, but didn't pursue it. But later I got that album and really liked most of it.

But now, wow, I'm really into them. I love their angry stuff. But if you haven't heard the song Snuff, you need to. It's so quiet and dark. For the best version, if you happen to be on youtube, the keywords are snuff slipknot lyrics, and the best video creator's first name is Pau.
"...so break yourself against my stones
and spit your pity in my soul
you never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself."

Stone Sour, which has the same lead singer as Slipknot (Corey Taylor), is awesome. Soft stuff and hard stuff too. And, what I consider the depressed person's National Anthem. It's so good -- the song Bother. If you want to hear a really good version, search youtube with the keywords corey taylor bother waaf and the video is in color, at waaf boston.
"You don't need to bother,
I don't need to be.
I'll keep slipping farther --
But once I hold on, I won't let go 'til it bleeds."

Corey Taylor has dealt and still deals with depression quite a bit.

And another soft song... best done with just Corey Taylor and a guitar,  Taciturn. So gorgeous. Keywords are corey taylor acoustic taciturn session, and the video I'm talking about was recorded at BBC 1.
The song has even more meaning if you know what taciturn means. I didn't know. I had to look it up!

But anyway, I know that's more than you wanted to know. But music is very important to me, to the little bit of sanity that I hold on to, and I don't have anyone around me to share it with. If anyone does listen to any of the songs, please do let me know. Maybe we can write a few lines to each other about it.

Hope everyone has a decent weekend.

@ScrapingBottom

I loved Slipknot and Stone Sour when I was in high school! I haven't really listened to either since then; my tastes in music have softened a bit. But it's very nostalgic. I completely forgot about Bother - I really loved that song.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, as well!

Zanzibar by Bill Harley...it's a story song, really funny...Bill's story about being unable to focus to get a report on Zanzibar turned into his 6th grade teacher. And it's seriously funny and touching...

Slipknot - "Gematria"

America is a k*lling name
It doesn't feel or discriminate
Life is just a k*lling field
It's all that's left – nothing's real
Throw away your disposable past
And fall apart like a cigarette ash
We are the fatal and vital ones of the world
And we will burn your cities down

What if God doesn't care?
What if God doesn't care?

2 hours ago, Lady Mozzer said:

You have really good taste hocico ! :smilingteeth::smilingteeth:

Aw thanks Lady Mozzer:hugs:so do you :smilingteeth: I was listening to them the whole afternoon while I drove round. I also discovered a song I hadn't heard before on the CD I was listening to called Asleep which was very good :smile: