It's a kind of pain
It's a kind of pain
it's a kind of pain, nothing brings relief from

Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond 'You don't bring me flowers.'

Janet Jackson 'Love will never do without you'

Blow Monkeys 'diggin your scene'

Beastie boys 'Intergalactic Planetary'

Lynne Dawson 'Verdi Requiem'

(yes my mind and taste are all over the place :)

12 hours ago, HeatherG said:

Neil Diamond, then some House of Pain (love their rap), Olivia Newton-John, INXS, George Michael.  Man I miss Michael Hutchence and George Michael

I like most of these, too! 

Today I was in a 1983-Thriller-era Michael Jackson mood. Then, I felt like going back to more music from my middle school and junior high years- Hall and Oates ("Private Eyes," "I Can't Go for That") the Flashdance soundtrack "What a Feeling" by Irene Cara, some of the British "New Wave" stuff from that time period, like Men Without Hats and a Flock of Seagulls.

I think it's because this music takes me back to a time of total innocence. Slumber parties, late night MTV. :)

21 minutes ago, imalittleteapot said:

I like most of these, too! 

Today I was in a 1983-Thriller-era Michael Jackson mood. Then, I felt like going back to more music from my middle school and junior high years- Hall and Oates ("Private Eyes," "I Can't Go for That") the Flashdance soundtrack "What a Feeling" by Irene Cara, some of the British "New Wave" stuff from that time period, like Men Without Hats and a Flock of Seagulls.

I think it's because this music takes me back to a time of total innocence. Slumber parties, late night MTV. :)

Oh my gosh me too!  Those happy innocent years when one would scream happy when their idol would be interviewed on MTV.  You named groups my sister and I would hurry and push a tape into the VCR to play it over and over.  Remember Duran Duran, whoa, I lost my mind over them.  Nick Rhodes and his makeup, ahh!  Gosh you took me back, thank you.  And Jennifer Beals in Flashdance was so gorgeous.  My sister loved Men without Hats.  And we had the best slumber parties, do girls even do this these days??  You made me smile with this post.  Hugs and thank you because I'm going through such a hard time.  I can't sleep either so music keeps me calm sometimes.  Take care :)